ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ? || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

'𝔏𝔢𝔱'𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬𝔤𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯!'

Your eyes drooped down and your vision became hazy as you read the last line. It was over. You thought to yourself.

The adventure has ended. The book has closed.

It left an empty feeling within you. The night crept in and you lay in bed, not bothering to put the book back in its shelf. The drowsiness overcame you and you dozed off, sleeping the night away.

You ended the story, not knowing you just started your own. In the same world as the one you've dreamt of. Among the characters you adored so much.

<C̸̣̭͖̤̒̈͊͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘f̷̵̫̞̉͢i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟m̶̷͔ͪ̽͡ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊d̸̡̩͍̔ͥ͜. E̸̖̪̱͚ͨ̀͜x̷̶͚͖͓̘̔t̴͕͖͓̀r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞ S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟k̶̸͙̭̹͆͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ [S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊] ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞c̷̹͖͋́̃q̷̝ͣ͑̌͢û̶͙̽̿͆̈i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟t̴͕͖͓̀i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘ s̩͙͖̋͛͟û̶͙̽̿͆̈c̷̹͖͋́̃c̷̹͖͋́̃ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊s̩͙͖̋͛͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟f̷̵̫̞̉͢û̶͙̽̿͆̈ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡.>

A voice rang in your head. It was calming yet almost robotic. A monotone and lackluster voice. Strangely familiar. But you couldn't understand it. Even though you recognized the language, the message and every word couldn't be processed by your confused mind.

<E̸̖̪̱͚ͨ̀͜v̸̵̝͙͆̈ͤȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡v̸̵̝͙͆̈ͤi̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊x̷̶͚͖͓̘̔t̴͕͖͓̀r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞ s̩͙͖̋͛͟k̶̸͙̭̹͆͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ [S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊] i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘t̴͕͖͓̀ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚ U̸̫̠̰͈̕n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟q̷̝ͣ͑̌͢û̶͙̽̿͆̈ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊ S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟k̶̸͙̭̹͆͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ [T̷̫͉̰͕̒́h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊ G̛͔͇̞̹̈̀͘͘͟r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞t̴͕͖͓̀ S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊]...>

<S̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟-uccessful.>

Huh?? Wasn't I sleeping just a moment ago? You could feel that your eyes were open, but there was nothing but pitch black in the distance. Am I in outer space or something?

But how could you be?

It then hit you. Could it be that you have finally gotten a chance to lucid dream? Well, you had a lot of things to do in mind. Maybe hanging out with the Phantom Troupe? Slay some demons? Or you could go and give your comfort characters that are absolutely destroyed physically, mentally and emotionally a hug?

<Negative.>

Well, of course not... Why did I even say that? It was obviously a no! You frowned, although you could not feel your own face. Anyway! Miss voice! Is this real?

<Answer. Yes, this is real.>

Suspicious... Prove it then. You demanded.

<Affirmative.>

You felt your eyes flutter open. Wasn't it already open before? Wooden walls, white clothes, your bed among others was what you saw as you sat up in the darkness of the night. You also felt that you were small, as if you went back to when you were 10-years-old.