ᴄᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

1.5K?! WHA-

...anyways

onto the story!

"Wait... where's Don and Gilda?"

Emma shuffled in her steps, and shot her head left and right to look for the other two. You pretended to panic, and rush forward a few steps, scrambling to see if they were here. "Don't tell me... they-!" You murmured to yourself, making sure the other three hear it.

"They're not here either!" Norman called from the door to the kitchen.

You then heard footsteps from behind you. It's them. You turned around abruptly, as if you were surprised to hear something behind you and called, "Don... Gilda!"

Emma smiled in relief as she turned to them. "Thank goodness... we just assumed that..."

Meanwhile, Ray was not having any of it. "Where have you been?"

Norman sent a small glance at the other kids, and whispered to the six of you to leave it for later.

"Y/n... what's wrong?" One of the kids asked.

"Mm?" You smiled as you gave them a quick pat on the head. "It's nothing. C'mon, it's time for dinner."

Completely forgetting about the incident, the little child flailed their arms around you. "Up! Up!"

They're so adorable. Help. You cried inwardly as you picked the kid up and walked up to the dining area.

"We... were in Mama's secret room..." Don admitted. "It was in a hidden basement." Well, that got deep real quick.

Emma's jaw dropped. "How did you get in?!"

"Don pickpocket Mama's key." Gilda explained.

"HE PICKPOCKETED MAMA?!" Emma yelled in disbelief.

"Well?" You leaned on a wall; arms crossed. "Has she noticed?"

"I don't think so." Gilda looked away. "We also returned the key to her... probably, so..." Gilda was very hesitant in her words, not confident about it at all, because of this, you glanced at Ray who was annoyed by her words that were filled with doubt.

"This is exactly why we shouldn't have—!" Ray spoke up, extremely annoyed. "Just try using your brain a little! What if the room was rigged with some sort of security camera, listening device, or alerting system?"

"Mama and Sister Krone would've found us out...!" Ray said. "And then you guys...no, all of us would be..."

"All of us would be... what?" Don asked. "Spit it out Ray."

"Killed?" Yeah.

"You liars."

"You don't know what happened to Conny? We need to go save our siblings? What a lot of crap." It is a lot of crap. No need to point that out Don.

"We know we can't go save them."

"Because Conny and everyone else is already—!"

"I'M SORRY!" Emma apologized. "I'M SO SORRY!"

"Just as I thought."

Don turned to Gilda. "See Gilda? They really were lying to our faces!"

Ah... I remember when I first saw this scene. I was so annoyed at Don. You thought.

Gritting his teeth, Don asked Emma the million-dollar question. "What are you hiding from us? Spit out everything you got."