ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢs ᴀᴛ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"You guys were so cool!" "Amazing!"

"Eh, I kind of hoped more of you guys didn't get caught." You smirked at the twins.

Earlier that game, the two of them bragged that they won't be caught.

They did. What a shame.

They gritted their teeth and snarled at you, making you chuckle. "Then we'll beat you!"

"...Me?" You repeated in amusement.

"No, you won't be." Ray pitched in your conversation. "She needs to rest."

"Uhm, how about after... a day?"

"Two days." Ray said. "That's final."

"Okay then~." You looked back at the twins. "How about you two go practice playing tag? I don't want the two of you losing face after that declaration of yours..."

Their faces scrunched up and they called the others to play another round.

Manipulating them to train more? Check.

With a small, peculiar device, you unscrewed the latticed window. It was something Ray came up with for your meetings. When the two of you needed to talk to each other in secret, you would unlock the window and climb onto the rooftop.

You took precautions so that the signal from the tracker would look like it came from your beds, when in reality, the signal came from the rooftop, right above your beds. At the same time, you also made a pillow that is shaped like your bodies, so Mama wouldn't notice that the two of you snuck off.

Slowly, you climbed to the roof and sat on the usual spot. You held the cup laid beside you. Since the two of you slept in different rooms, the two of you made telephone cups so you wouldn't need to shout.

You stared into the sky. For some reason, the stars shone brighter than in your past life. The night sky would always seem empty, void of beauty. And because of that, those pictures of beautiful night skies that you'd see in the internet always seemed fake to you.

When you first looked into the skies here, you thought. So it was real.

Above all, the silver crescent moon shone the brightest, using the light of the sun to show its beauty.

Moments later, you heard a creak from behind you. He's done meeting Isabella for the night. You thought.

You held the cup to your ear, and heard his voice from it. "Hey."

"Hey." You greeted back. "Any updates?"

"You're right, Norman is setting a trap. But not for me. Just for Don, Gilda and you." He told you. "What should we do then?"

"He did set a trap for you." You started explaining. "I told you already, didn't I? He'll tell you that he set a trap for us and how he did it. Norman will lie. He is going to set different traps for Don, Gilda and me to see if you'll try to frame any of us."

"I'll just frame Don then." You cringed. You knew that this is probably because of your Unique Skill [Sway], but hearing Ray trust you so easily creeps you out.

Let's just say you saw Ray as someone who doesn't trust so easily. And it shows in the series.

"So, when will they tell us?" You asked.

"Tomorrow night."

"Okay then."

"And also..."

"Hm?"

"Norman's trying to put the plan into action on November 8, 10 days from now."

"Hm... it's not like him to be so impatient. Norman would usually take things slowly, calculate things calmly and precisely." You pretended not to know.