ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛᴏʀ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴡɴ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Now what?

Right, I should probably try and help out in the escape right now! It's time to take action.

But how-?

Ray.

Right! "You should probably hurry to bed." At that, you shot your head to the right and stumbled over.

"Ray? What's up with you and popping out of nowhere?" You whisper-shouted and thought, he does it in the series a lot too.

You paused. But he is right on cue.

How convenient.

But seriously though, how is he doing that? He keeps coming out of nowhere in the most convenient moments!

He sighed in annoyance and persisted. "You should probably go to sleep now. You must be tired."

And I should do it now. You thought and braced yourself, switching your facial expression to a small glare. "And to the guy who sneaks out to snitch on us every night, aren't at least a bit tired of your midnight chats?"

He stood still. "Snitch? What do you mean?" His voice seemed to waver as he took on his annoyed expression.

"I've had enough of you." You muttered, but loud enough for Ray to hear. "Letting us be sent to our deaths like that."

He flinched making you smile eerily to yourself, but the thoughts that ran through your mind was totally different from your expression. Is this what the main characters of those reincarnated into a novel type of stories felt like? It's really cool, to be honest.

To be fair, if someone ever gets reincarnated to another world they read about, they should probably take Kim Dokja from Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint as their role model. Which is literally what you were doing right now.

Manipulating the main characters both for fun and for the plot.

If Ray could read your mind right now, he'd bonk your head. Nah, he'd full on beat your ass.

You then walked past him and opened the door— "Well, why don't we talk for a while, Mama's little spy?" –then looked back at him and smiled eerily, emphasizing on the your every word.

"How did you—!"

"Questions later, snitch." You said yet felt kind of bad to go hard on him. But of course, since your grade as merchandise wasn't as high as Norman's or Emma's, the possibility of him thinking of you as disposable in the escape would definitely be high.

Anyway, knowing Ray, he'd probably overthink whatever you say. Even if you go easy on him, he'll probably see you as a threat to his plans either way. But you need to seem useful to him, to be yet another card in his deck. If you could, you aim to become his trump card. Unless you were Emma, if you were naïve and easily convinced, he wouldn't give you even a single glance.

Before his character development at least.

But you'd have to deal with this problematic Ray first.

How troublesome.

He entered the library, you closing the door behind you and sat further away from the door, making sure that your conversation would only be muffled sounds from the other side of the room and stood opposite of Ray.

"Now, you can ask questions." You told him.

He paused. "How did you find out?"

You then walked over to the end of the table, took out a book from the shelf, and opened it. You looked over the code. There were four sequences, meaning four letters. You were familiar with the first and second sequence, referring to the letters 'A' and 'F', but the other two was a mystery.