ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ 𝟸 || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

"We already have plenty of information on the inside world. I've been investigating it for the past 6 years. As long as we're able to outsmart the adults with all the information we currently have, it honestly won't be impossible to get over that wall." Ray said. "But that won't be the end, we still have to worry about what happens next."

"Next, we've got to plan our course after the escape!"

You closed your eyes. I don't need to do much here.

...Maybe I should work with Don and Gilda.

That's it! You realized the advantages of that fleeting thought. A way that could assist the main characters from the sidelines! If they know about the future—or rather, some bits and pieces about the future that I'll tell them about, then it could help a lot in the flow of the story.

You rubbed your finger on your chin. When they destroyed the hunting ground, those that were in the bunker weren't exactly prepared in terms of knowledge to tend to all those serious wounds and of course, supplies for that many people, knowledge could help with that.

<Indeed. It was a serious scenario that had not been addressed in the series.>

Right! And—

"Y/n!"

You immediately snapped out of your thoughts. "Yeah?"

"Are there any factors on the outside world that we should consider?" Norman asked. "There could be things we're missing."

...He just broke my rush of ideas, didn't he?

Shoving the topic in your head away, you tilted your head to the side, pretending to think when you really knew the answer. "The demon society."

"Hm? Why the demon society?"

"In order to survive, we need to know what exactly we're dealing with. If the demon society is secluded from the rest of the world, then it would be easy, and we just have to escape and find help from other humans." You explained. "...But if the demon society overtook the humans, then we would have to find a way to live safely for a long time until we figure out what to do next... I'd honestly prefer the former."

"Right." Norman nodded. "But how do we find out about that?"

"Context clues." You crossed your arms and leaned on the bedside table near you. "You already know that we're special merchandise made for the rich. With that in mind, there must be a division of some kind, between the rich and the poor. That also means there are other places where merchandise are made for the poor."

"No way..."

"And that means that there's a lot of demand, meaning lots of people—I mean demons. And that could either mean we're dealing with a nation full of those demons..." You put on a grim look. "or a whole world overtook by it."

The others look at the ground, hints of despair were written on their faces. Emma, being the ball of sunshine that she is, of course, wanted to break the tense atmosphere by giving good news. "And also! I want to introduce you guys to someone!"

The four of you walked to the library. "Wait here!"

While Emma looked for the books that had Minerva's Ex Libris, Ray suddenly asked, "Hey, could it be that dude with the owl mark?"

"Yeah!! I knew it! You've noticed it already Ray!"

At the ginger's response, Ray turned his gaze to you. Oh. You realized. He must've been reminded of that.