ʀᴀʏ's ᴘᴏᴠ || sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

Author's Note: idk why I wrote this part

But I guess it kind of shows how much Ray subconsciously trusts Y/n so I posted it anyway

"Ray! Norman!"

"Hm?"

Ha... Why do these two have to cause so much-! Ugh, forget it. I'll deal with it. She'll definitely have an idea on what to do.

Yeah, she'll know what to do.

"What is it, Emma?" I ask.

"What do we tell Y/n?"

"Y/n... huh?" I mumbled.

"Don't have me join in planning the escape until later on."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And why is that?"

"So we can cover more ground." She said blankly. "You can assist them directly, while I deal with outsiders."

"Like?" What does she mean? Like Mom? But I got that under control?

"A Sister."

"...What?"

"I snuck into Mom's office and listened into her report to headquarters last night."

She did what?! I was about to reprimand her but she continued speaking and ignored me. "She requested an assistant. A Sister to help her out."

I pondered on it for a while. A warning? Ah, I see. She's telling me not to mess up. Not to mess up as her dog. As her pawn.

I then turned away and clicked my tongue.

"It's bad, really bad. She must have done that to mediate the situation, not with those who found out about the secret—but your situation as a spy." She mumbled.

I sighed, although the situation was dire, having Y/n with me was definitely of help. Maybe I'm being too dependent on her.

It's not like I have a choice, anyway.

"I wouldn't be able to do anything about that, now that I'm going to have to handle those two and Mom. So I'll leave that Sister to you."

"On it."

Thank you. For being

"I don't think we should tell her just yet."

"Hm? Why is that Ray?"

I rolled my eyes. "Since you guys are so desperate on bringing everyone, I think we should leave telling her about this for later, once we have already planned a bit more."

"I guess the time when Y/n would really shine is when dealing with the other kids. They trust her, and like I said earlier, maybe even more than Mom." Norman noted. "She'll probably be of great help when we start telling the other kids."

"That's not the only thing great about her." I told them. That felt weird to say.

It felt very weird to say.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked.

"She's cunning and manipulative too. You should have already known that from her chess games with Mom."

"Well, Mom did seem to always go all out when competing against her in chess."

"That's because she's wary of her. Another reason why she should find out about the secret later on, we don't want Mom to know she's working with us." I pointed it all out. "She's also on par with Emma's physical ability, in addition to that, she's quiet and knows how to hide her presence."

(Basically, you'll give them more of an advantage in mid-game. Or something like that. Idk.)

"Hiding her presence?"

This is probably one of the most dangerous things about her. "If I wasn't looking at her, I wouldn't know if she was there or not. She has almost no presence. She's quiet, and makes no sound. You can't notice her footsteps, even if she's stepping on grass or anything like that."

"That's... amazing!"

Yeah... it is.

"Yeah! About a week ago, I saw her hop through trees!" Emma spoke up. Wait, what? I knew that she would swing from one tree branch to another, but hopping through trees?

That's crazy.

No, she's crazy.

"You're crazy." I mumbled.

"It's crazy equals genius, Ray."

She's right. We're all a little wrong in the head. I smiled.

"Ray, why are you—"

"Anyway!" I shook my head. It's no use pondering on trivial matters. She'll be of help to them once they escape anyway. And I don't know why I was smiling either. "Here, take a look at this."

I handed them the book that I was holding. "Mechanical Engineering and the History of Humans?"

"Not the title, or the content. But the date of publication."

"...2015."

"That's the most recent published book I could find back at the House." I told them. "In other words, if you think about it in simple terms—up until 2015, the world was a place where it was even possible to get something like this to be published."

"30 years ago...

"What exactly happened in the course of 30 years?!"

Author's Note: You guys will have to just imagine what he was about to say-

For being by my side? For being my partner? You guys will have to decide that