ʙʟᴜғғ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

TW: implications of su!c!de and SH

Shadows stretched across the hallways, the only light being the lit lamp Emma held on to. Gripping your polearm, you scanned the room, your eyes landing on a single door.

He's just a door away...

Your stared at the door, and only snapped back to reality as a hand gripped it, turning the knob and opening it.

"Hi there."

A man sat, his legs intertwined on the table, wearing odd clothes, gun on his hand. He held a teacup on his hand, cookies at his side.

And that smile...

One would say it was cruel and cold.

But knowing everything...

He looks so... tired.

"You've come a long way." He spoke. "Congrats... and welcome to shelter B06-32."

This man... didn't seem like he'd be the calculating and helpful Minerva they thought of. Is this man wearing mismatched clothing, sipping his air tea and putting his legs on the table really the one who snuck in so many books in plantation libraries as clues for the children??

The kids seemed... disappointed.

"Are you... Minerva?"

"Too bad for you kids, but nope." He shrugged. "I'm not William Minerva."

"Then please call him." Ray asked respectfully, cautious to say the wrong thing to a strange man. "We came all the way here to meet him."

"Well, he ain't here, chum!"

"What?"

"Yeah, yeah, what a shame! No Minervas around here. AT. ALL."

"SO HE REALLY WAS-"

"Calm down." Ray scolded. Y/n's been quiet this whole time... what're they up to?  "Still, it's clear you know of Minerva too. We need information. Where is he now?"

"No idea, man."

Ray was getting annoyed. "Then who are you? What are you doing here?"

"Who am I?" He scoffed, reaching out for his vest pocket.

"I'm your senior."

"It's the same pen!" "Senior?"

"Though not from Grace Field..." He reached for the end of his shirt and pulled, showing the code on the planes of his stomach. "I come from a plantation called Glory Bell. And I escaped it 13 years ago with my colleagues."

Colleagues? More like family.

"All thanks to this pen."

"He's the same as us!"

"That's right! I'm the same as you! Ended up here. When searching for that Minerva."

Not just here... but there.

"However...when I finally reached the place for real, Minerva wasn't even here! For a hella long time, I waited for the guy and lived here! But not even a trace!"

"Man's a dirty little liar."

Man's dead, my guy.

<Y/n...>

I had to.

"ALL THIS WAY??" "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????"

I don't think they were this reactive in the manga... is this my influence or...?