ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

You stared as four figures lent down and pressed their ears on the wooden door; two other people stood to make sure they keep quiet as they eavesdrop on the conversation.

Although it was dark, there was some light that came from the door to Krone's room that helped you see a lot.

From here, you could only see the expressions of those who leaned to the door, their faces turned to your side, which was Nat and Lannion.

At first, their faces showed confusion, as to why they were doing this, their brows furrowed in nervousness.

Slowly, their faces turned grim, realizing what they were here to find out.

Terror was written all over their faces, as well as disbelief.

It's a lie... right?

It must be a joke of some kind...! Right...?

Yeah. It is. You answered them in your head. To you, you lived a life of a lie. To them, your lives are all a joke.

Don and Gilda then tapped the four's shoulders, signaling that they should go before those inside the room opens the door.

They walk towards you, and you show yourself, not bothering to hide the device in your hand.

They stared at you for a while, frozen in their places.

You gave them a small smile and gestured to an empty room.

The six of them looked at each other, nodded, and followed you.

They slowly walked into the room. Nothing but careful footsteps could be heard as you walked. They were quiet. Those who just found out, were quiet out of shock and confusion. And those who had known for a while, kept the same silence in respect of those who just found out about the truth.

Gilda peeked out of the door to see in anyone followed, and closed it.

The six surrounded you on the farthest bed and then followed few moments of silence.

"What exactly..." Nat broke the deafening silence. "were they...? What is this place? What... did it all mean?"

You looked around. The four who had just found out— they were on the verge of tears.

"Don... Gilda..." You called them and nodded at them. There's no turning back now. They're going to have to know.

The two slowly nodded back.

Gilda and Don explained everything, slowly, and carefully so they don't get loaded with the darkness of their reality in one blow.

It was out of consideration.

Because even Don and Gilda found out about everything in a span of time... while these four—they had to find out about every detail in one sitting.

So they did all they could to help the process come slower.

"Everything was a lie...?" Nat mumbled.

Anna clasped a hand over her mouth and muttered. "The others...!? Everyone..."

Lannion and Thoma were shaking. "Then... why...? Just to be..."

You clenched your fists. Not knowing who to blame.

The demons needed it for survival. But they became too gluttonous and greedy.

The Moms and Sisters had no choice. But many became too heartless.

The Ratri's were forced into a mindset to sacrifice for the sake of the rest of humanity. But they forgot about the importance of what was left here to be sacrificed.