ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪsᴏɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

"Morning~!" Phil excitingly ran between the tables as the others prepared for breakfast.

"Hey, Phil! No running!"

"Does this go here?"

"Yes, thank you." You stared at Emma's figure, who was staring at Mom as she spoke to the younger kids. "Mark, could you set the table?"

"Okay, Mom!" How could she smile so carefreely? After... that? She must be thinking. It was evident from the look of fear and confusion on her face.

She then looked away and saw Norman approaching her. "Good morning, Emma!"

He smiled at her and you turned away to set the table again.

At this scene, Emma couldn't utter even a word. She tried to choke out a greeting back, but couldn't.

You were thinking of helping Emma with her acting, but then pushed the thought away. That girl has been given an unofficial Oscar award by the fans for her acting. She just needs to use her learning capabilities to the fullest now.

Adapt. That's how you survive in places like this.

Well, that's how you survive anywhere.

"Smile, Emma."

Ciel, could you tell me a summary of what they know right now? I actually forgot. You asked her as you stood under the tree in the clearing, a few hours after the tests were held.

<Notice. They have identified the motive behind the circumstances of living in the House was all to maintain their quality as merchandise; the delicious feed, white clothes where dirt can easily stand out, and the well-regulated life. And how the demons determine their quality as merchandise.>

That must mean they're... scaling what's past the fence at the moment, right?

<Yes.>

The bell rang, and you looked over at Emma and Norman who were panting since they rushed to get here. "Huh? Two kids are missing."

"Where are Mark and Naila?" You asked.

"Mom!" A small boy with mushroom-like brown hair rushed to the crowd of children with tears in his eyes.

"Mark!" Isabella knelt down and asked the child. "Did something happen?"

He looked up to her. "What should I do? I got separated from Naila in the forest!"

"I tried looking, but I couldn't find her!"

Isabella took that out. Her supposed pocket watch.

She opened it, and purposely left it like that for a couple more seconds on purpose. To make sure Norman and Emma take the hint.

You looked at the albino. 'And...he noticed.'

"It'll be okay." She said and you looked back at your smiling caretaker. "Y/n, I'm leaving Mark to you."

"Okay, Mom." You nodded and approached the little boy, who snuggled onto your waist.

She stood up and turned to the rest of the children. "Everyone, stay here."

"Mom..." Mark mumbled. You patted his head.

"Naila will be alright." You assured him. "We all know how good Mom is at finding us, right?"

From your peripheral vision, you saw Norman's eyes widen.

Good, he took the hint. You smiled.

"Ah!" Phil pointed at the distance and rushed towards the approaching figure.