ᴄᴀᴛᴀsᴛʀᴏᴘʜᴇ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Imagine having absolute knowledge of a catastrophe that in a way, will make you and your friends a little dead inside but you can't do anything about it because it might lead to a dangerous butterfly effect and possibly destroy everyone's future.

Yeah, you're experiencing it right now. No need to imagine it. You're welcome.

As your companions reviewed the plan for nth time for the day, you reviewed your plan for a much farther future, one they don't know of.

With your "recommendation" and the insistence of Gilda and Don, you were tasked to start handling the food, clothes and other necessities that you would bring in the escape (with the help of Anna, Nat and Pizza Toppings too). As well as continuing the training for the other kids while the rest were busy.

Plus, I know what's going to happen here anyway. Might as well prepare for things we can actually change rather than grieve over what we could call the inevitable, right?

Moreover... You thought. It's a shame I didn't get to use Sister Krone that well.

You looked back at the other kids who were starting to catch up to you. At least my teasing and her skill made them more determined in training...

You also introduced two new training methods. Dodgeball and crafts.

Dodgeball will increase their agility (and by that, you meant to increase their speed in dodging demon attacks), and enhance swift decision making, since tag and chess doesn't really teach that.

And crafts will help in making bows and arrows, knives, pencils like what was taught to the kids during the week with Sungjoo and Mujika.

These are only little things, but who knows? They might end up being very useful.

You entered the dining area; your eyes immediately scanning the room to see if that will happen this time too.

"Mama! Sister Krone! Food's ready" Hearing this, you turned to the people behind you.

Isabella had just gotten down from the stairs. "Huh? Isn't Sister Krone with you?" "Is she in her room?"

"No, she's just a little busy with work." She answered. "Let's all start eating without her for now."

For now, huh?

You looked outside.

Indeed, Sister Krone.

The sky really is beautiful today.

May it be free or caged. It's great we all get to look at the same blue sky.

A ticking time bomb.

You know those movies where a bomb is about to blow and they need to cut that red wire? Yeah? Okay, then that feeling and mood those scenes give off is the fact that time is moving so fast yet so excruciatingly slow as your moving towards your doom is something you probably noticed, right?

Yeah. Again. You're experiencing just that right now.

As you whispered to Anna, Nat and the Pizza Toppings what they need to do, your heart was a beating drum amidst the chaos of the imaginary festival. Weird analogy, but you get what I mean.

You could vaguely hear shouting from above, as Krone's former room was just right above you, and Ray and Isabella were there right this very moment. You dismissed the four and walked outside.

You lazily waved at Gilda and Don, them smiling in return.

It had only been a few minutes since you six had split up for the investigation.