ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ! || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

"They're taking the tablecloths past the gate to serve as ropes right now, huh? And Ray's about to join them in planning too." You mumbled.

You let out a long and deep breath, trying to even out your uneven breathing, as you let go of the tree. You may have been doing this regularly, but doing these pull-ups were still pretty hard.

After taking a small break, you jumped onto the tree's trunk and pushed yourself away from it, landing perfectly on its branch.

Your hands fiddled with the cloth. If Norman and Emma were using tablecloths as ropes, you were using them to cover the tree, since if you were to do pull-ups without it, you'd get blisters. And if you got blisters, Mom would, of course, notice that.

You had the idea a week after you got your memories of your past life back, and asked Ciel if it would work. She said yes, and you then used the method daily.

"Should I listen into their conversation?" You muttered as you tied the tablecloth to your waist.

'I want her to smile. Because I like her.'

You smiled. "Yep, definitely going."

"I mean... it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything goes as it originally did." You made a terrible excuse.

You heard a sigh, and chuckled to yourself.

Right... I can't lie to myself about these kinds of things anymore. Ciel's here looking out for me, after all.

And plus, you needed to tell Ray something.

You positioned yourself to face away from the trunk and drew quick and sharp breaths. You hopped up, and propelled yourself to the next tree, landing on your feet. You did it once more, and slowly, but carefully gained momentum as you entered deeper into the forest.

Up front, you saw a slouching figure with dark hair. Ray.

You jumped to tackle him from behind, but immediately clasped your hand over his mouth and silenced him.

He then started panicking and kept moving around. "It's just me." You whispered.

Ray turned around and nearly bonked you in the head, but stopped himself. Why though?

"What was that for?!" He whisper-shouted.

"Yeah, I just didn't want you to cause any sound." You said, a little nervously. I swear, he'll probably pester me about it later on. "Anyway, I've got something to tell you."

"What?"

"Don't have me join in planning the escape until later on."

He narrowed his eyes at you. "And why is that?"

"So we can cover more ground." You said blankly. "You can assist them directly, while I deal with outsiders."

"Like?"

"A Sister."

"...What?"

"I snuck into Mom's office and listened into her report to headquarters last night." He was about to reprimand you but you cut him off. "She requested an assistant. A Sister to help her out."

You didn't actually sneak into her office, but you just wanted to be cleared of suspicion from everyone for now and have a little more time to prepare your physique for the outside world.

Ray pondered on it for a while, but then turned away and clicked his tongue.

"It's bad, really bad. She must have done that to mediate the situation, not with those who found out about the secret—but your situation as a spy." You mumbled. "A warning."