ᴇᴍᴘᴛɪɴᴇss || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

Your curled to yourself, carefully as to not to hurt your leg. Though barely, you could hear the trio's conversation from outside. That hurt.

<Reckless.>

I know...

<It was quite brave of you though, Y/n.>

Your lip tugged upwards a little. Thanks.

Then you heard the door open, and coming inside the infirmary was Ray, bringing your food with him. "We're still continuing the investigation. Norman will investigate the outside and escape before his shipment tomorrow night."

He laid the tray on your lap, and you stared at the food. "Is that so...? That's good, I guess."

"Why did you push Emma away?" He asked. "Did you know that this would—"

"I figured something like this would." You made up an excuse. "In the chaos, I thought maybe she would injure one of us, particularly in one of our legs, so the rest of us wouldn't try to escape."

"Knowing those involved wouldn't leave behind anyone."

You heard him click his tongue. "That cunning woman."

Sighing, you held the spoon up and began eating. "She probably won't expect Norman escaping though." You could hear the smile from his voice.

Black locks braided tightly flew in the snowy wind. A figure dressed in all white stood still on the wall. Staring.

Staring at the space between freedom and her.

A space dug between so deep, darkness came before the bottom surface and so far, she reached her hand out, only able to touch the emptiness between.

One word. Hopeless.

She did. You thought. Thinking he'll realize the hopelessness of the situation.

"What will we do with you though?"

You looked up, startled and confused.

"Should I make something like a wheelchair? Maybe some kind of equipment so one of us, maybe Don or Emma, could carry you."

You stared at the bandaged leg peeking out from the sheets, and shrugged. "We'll figure it out. Let's focus on Norman's situation first."

Ray crossed his arms. "I'll start making plans for your carrier then."

You sighed. "Do what you want." What a waste. We won't even need it.

You stayed in the infirmary the next day, not speaking even to those who knew of your knowledge.

Tired. The emotional stress and pressure of not being able to do anything for the boy was making you tired.

Tired yet restless. You didn't want to do anything. You wanted to just stay there, motionless, forever. Yet you wanted to do something. To make a plan. To go talk to Don and Gilda about what they need to do. An internal conflict.

<You should rest.>

Sure...

You heard shouting from beside you.

And then... "The wall was a cliff."

Oh.

Norman then started discussing the fake wall plan. The bridge to outside. The fake way out.