ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Even with that one demon down...

Things aren't over. Not just yet.

"You messed with their meal and killed one of their pack." Yuugo's words dawned on you—reality dawned on you.

Fear loomed over you as the view below clears; the sight was one to behold. A horde of hungry man-eaters scratching and graping at the trees to climb get a taste of human flesh.

"They're pretty pissed off."

Demons... when they're at their lowest form—even moreso when they're hungry and angry...

They are no longer demons.

They are monsters.

Yuugo snickered with a sneer. "This is just your first stop in your journey to hell."

Giving him a deathly glare, you gripped the gun in your hand as he continued speaking. "Your lives are now mine to play with."

"Well then kids." The man spoke with a grin. "Let's see if you survive this."

The monsters' screeches and maniacal growls grew louder as they climbed faster. "What a beautiful sight."

"..."

Beautiful, huh?

Demons, when at it's lowest turn into ugly, mindless, greedy beings that only exist to take and give back nothing in return.

Just like every other human.

Desperation... is an ugly thing.

It blinds you—may it be for love, vengeance, or simply humanity.

Humans are an ugly being.

"Welp, guess y'all are gonna die!" Yuugo sarcastically sneered."But try and do your best anyway!"

"I'll be around watching the show!"

Yuugo left them... and took you with him.

He leapt up in the air, wrapping his arm around you to lift you up into the air with him.

"What the?!" You protested, struggling furiously in his hold. "Let me go!"

"You know their weakness, don't you?"

...I revealed my cards too early.

You furrowed your brows in frustration, trying to let out your anger by attempting to kick and punch him—but to no avail.

"I don't care how you found out, but we can't have someone with that knowledge helping them now, can we?" Yuugo smiled at you mockingly.

Clicking your tongue, you tried to make him let go of you, but failed miserably.

"I've got no idea how you got those insane instincts of yours, but you still gotta long way to go before you can beat a veteran in a one-on-one fight." Yuugo sneered at you.

"Ray! Emma! Shoot their-!" You tried telling them its weakness but Yuugo muffled your yells with his hand.

"Not so fast, kid."

'Telling them now would save more of their bullets for later!' Your brows furrowed in frustration as you pondered for a while, thinking if you should bite him or not.

'Wait no, he's got dirt on his hand.' You decided not to.

Oh.

Oh.