08

here's how I envision the guys apartment!

Harry Styles

"You're a fucking idiot."

"Ow!" I flinch as Louis digs deep into my wound, his eyes glaring up to mine as I keep disrupting his job.

"Fuckin' stay still." He warns in frustration, looking back down at the gunshot to my thigh. He keeps digging into it with tools to get the bullet out.

"You're shovelling into my bloody leg!" I reason.

"Do you want my help or not?" He says with the surgical glasses on his face so he can get a magnified view of my wound.

Out of pettiness, I decide not to answer. I cross my arms and stay slouched in my seat at the table with one leg extended out. Louis sits in his chair, hunched over my leg and trying to get the bullet out of my thigh. It hurts like a bitch and he's been nearly picking at it for an hour. The bullet split into shards so he has to try and pick them all out before stitching me up.

A desk light sits on the table, aiming down at my leg resting on the chair.

"Did she say anything else before shooting your god damn leg?" Liam asks while walking by, sinking himself down on the couch.

"Only that she wants me to stop following her," I murmur.

Liam chuckles. "And you're not upset by that?"

"Well of course it doesn't make me happy. But I know she still loves me and she wants me to come back." I add.

"You're a fucking idiot," Louis repeats under his breath for the second time, working on my injury.

"I don't expect you to understand."

"Good, because I'm so lost over the fact you think her telling you to fuck off is code for she still loves you," Liam says.

"I'm not giving up." I shake my head. "I get that she's a little more...sharp around the edges...now but the Aven I met is still in there dying to be free. And I'm gonna make that happen." I say in confidence.

"Don't you mean Mariana?" Liam mocks in a teasing tone.

"Shut up."

"You realize this hero complex you've acquired is going to get you killed. For all you know, Malikai is already hunting your ass down after those guards found you." Louis says.

"Those guards are dead and the only way Malikai would find out about this is through Aven." I clarify.

"And what makes you think she won't tell him?"

"Because if she wanted me dead she would've done it herself when she had the chance." I stand my ground.

"You have a lot of optimism for an ex-wife that just shot you in the leg and killed two men in front of you," Louis murmurs under his breath.