43

PART 2 OF THR DOUBLE UPDATE!

Click this video when you see the **

;)

Aven Brooks

Walking back into the museum, I try my best to push all thoughts of Harry away. I can't believe we just had sex in Ambrose's car. What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm supposed to be getting to know my future husband, not fuck my ex-husband in the parking lot.

I'm getting too reckless—this is bad.

I pop into the restroom to ensure I don't look guilty of my activities. I have no visible marks, which is a blessing. I don't know what I would do if I had a hickey or something ridiculous on my neck. I look pretty presentable. If my essence of time is right, I should have only been gone for twenty-five minutes. That can't be too hard to explain. This place is enormous and full of art. It would be easy to get distracted and lost through it all.

I race back out of the restroom so I don't waste any more time, adjusting my mask. The museum feels even busier than before, with everyone socializing and drinking. I weave through, hoping to find Ambrose this time, raffling all my explanations in my brain.

"Mariana,"

I turn my head and see my mother standing there dressed in her all-black attire and matching mask, holding a glass of champagne.

"Have you seen Ambrose?" I ask.

"He's actually looking for you. Where have you been?"

"I went to look for you and father, but you were hard to find. I got distracted by the art along the way." I lie.

"Isn't it all just lovely?" She smiles, looking around.

"It really is."

"How are you liking Ambrose? He's such a gentleman,"

I slowly nod and smile. "He is."

"I know this feels very rushed and calculated, sweetheart. But I would be grateful if you could keep an open mind about everything. We wouldn't set you up with someone we thought would hurt you. Your father and I feel very confident about this."

"Yes, mother. I know."

"He will make you very happy. I know it." She grins. "Anyway, I won't keep you. I last saw Ambrose in the east wing."

She gestures to what room before walking off. I take her word and race in that direction. Entering the next room, I spot him almost immediately. He's chatting away with another group, laughing. This is good; he doesn't seem too concerned about my absence. I take a deep breath and casually walk up next to him.

"Ah," he smiles, opening the circle to me. "There she is."

"Sorry about that. This place is a maze." I smile and look at the men standing with their drinks.

"Did you look at some of the art?" Ambrose hooks his arm with mine.

"It's beautiful." I hold his bicep.

"Just like you, darling." A stranger says across from me, smiling.

"That's very kind, thank you."

"Mariana, this is Samuel and Emmett. They're executives under my father." He introduces. "And this is Mariana, Malikai Montanari's daughter."

"Oh, we know." Samual smiles. "We've heard lots about you."

"I hope good things."

Emmett grins, giving me a quick glance from top to bottom.