30

pt 2 of the double update! make sure you read 29 first!!

Harry Styles

I stare up at the townhouse filled with people coming in and out. The music is loud, the lights flashing in strobe. Hood up, eyes preserved—I try to configure what to do or what to tell the guys. If I tell them what happened, they'll know I told her where we lived. They'll freak. But the place is already destroyed so they're going to find out eventually.

I also don't want to go into this party, too much risk.

Every window I could see bodies all canned together like sardines. Halfway up the building is a terrace with a pool, more people all standing around and drinking. To find any of the guys in here will be impossible.

"Fuck me..." I run up the front steps.

Through the crowded threshold, the air becomes ten degrees thicker in heat. Smoke, sweat, nauseating colognes and perfumes—I forget what it's like to be at a party like this. The lights aggressively flash, neon colours and glitter everywhere. Dressed in all black myself, I am completely shadowed to all of it.

First level of the townhouse is packed like no other, an open room with a DJ and a makeshift dance floor. I step up the flight of stairs, giving me more height to look over the room. I can't even count the amount of heads, but nothing tells me that any of them are here.

I rush up the staircase to the second floor, realizing there's four different floors. Second floor is more open concept, a kitchen in the distance but a large room before it. People stand on tables and couches, dancing with the rest of the room. I spot Scarlett first, standing on the table and moving to the music. I then catch Dez under a blue strobe light. Despite noticing them, I find no one I'm actually looking for. But they can't be far.

As I see a hallway with multiple closed doors, it starts to click.

I push my way across the room but something in my head tells me something isn't right. The prevailing thought makes me stop in the middle of the room. Subconsciously, I turn my head back. But I see no one but strangers dancing. I shake off the discomforting feeling and continue to the hallway of doors.

First closed door, I welcome myself through it and lucky enough I find Niall with someone on a bed. Both on their knees, they pause their heated make out upon my arrival.

"Sorry to interrupt—"

"Dude!" Niall shouts.

The person he's with leaps off of the bed and runs out of the room in embarrassment. I step out of the way.

"What are you doing here?"

"We have a problem."

He gets off the bed and grabs his shirt, hair sweaty beneath his backwards hat.

"And it couldn't wait like ten more minutes?"

At least he's humble.

"No." I flick the light on and shut the door to be in private. "Aven found the necklace."

His eyes go wide.

"How?"

I pull it out of my sweater pocket. "But I got it back again."

"Wait...no but how? It was hidden safe in our apartment how would she..."

I blankly stare as his confusion flips to anger—piecing it together.