35

you know the drill, play when you see the *

Harry Styles

I can't stop thinking about what happened the other night. I left her on the grass outside her estate, which was the best option at the time, but not what I truly wanted. Since the incident with the necklace, I'm extremely worried about putting her in harm's way again. However, she sought me out that night, walking all the way across town to find me. Even though she won't admit it, I know that her drunken subconscious was leading herself to me. I promised not to follow her anymore, but I need to make sure she's okay.

She's going to a club tonight, it's marked right on her calendar. I'm hoping I can steal her away for just a moment to talk. Even if I don't get to talk to her, I just want to make sure she's actually there and hasn't disappeared again. The club is not far from the apartment, I should be in and out.

Entering the place, the music basses through the crowded floor. Strobes, dancing, bottle service, tables. I'm starting to get used to these types of environments again, even if they give me a headache. My problem with places like these is it's so hard to find anyone you're looking for. This club is massive and I just had to keep my eyes peeled if I want to find her.

Check the bar first.

As I make my way through the crowd, I reach the busy bar at the center of the room. Multiple bartenders are rushing around, trying to serve as many people as possible. The club is so crowded tonight that finding her might be impossible. However, after some time, I spot her delicate frame leaning forward on the counter. With her foot kicked up behind her, she plays with her bottom lip while chatting with a bartender.

I guild my way through until I'm right up against her from behind, my hands gripping the counter on either side of her. She is quick to pick up on my presence, turning around with a guarded look until she recognizes my eyes. Her guarded expression turns into one of bother.

"For fuck sake..." She rolls her eyes.

"Surprise," I say shortly. "Can I talk to you?"

"Nope." She turns back to the counter.

I chuckle at her attitude, my eyes tracing down the sharp edges of her shoulders and the length of her back in the small slip dress. I lean over against her ear.

"Don't you have questions as to how you ended up obliterated on Malikai's lawn?"

She turns to face me once more, her lined eyes filled with curiosity. I tilt my head slightly and offer a pensive smile. She looks around cautiously, keeping watch for someone.

"Fine." She glares and grabs my wrist. "Let's dance."

Before I get to question, she yanks me towards the crowded dance floor with her eyes keeping watch in every direction. Leading us deep within the people, I have no time to oblige as she eventually stops us in spot and turns to face me again. Strobe lights reflecting the high pace music, she brings her body to mine and starts to move to the beat. One hand on my hip and the other on the back of my neck, I'm too stiff and confused to dance with her.

"Why are we doing this?" I exclaim against the side of her head so she can hear me over the music.

"Because Zayn is watching me from a distance." She answers against my ear.

"Then I should go before he sees me..."

"Not unless you keep your back in his direction and your hood up. For all he knows, you're a random guy from the bar. Just don't turn around, we're deep in the crowd anyway."