13

Harry Styles

It's been a long time since I stepped inside a nightclub, Av.

Nightclubs use to be a routine for me, I've spent countless nights in clubs across the world. I couldn't name a single one. I was blacked out on all sorts of shit back then. I've never had to wait in a line to get in or worry about having enough cash in my pocket to pay for drinks. I was rich and famous back then.

I was VIP. Very important pussy.

Or...is it person?

Very important person makes more sense.

The thing about being rich and famous is you never have to pay for anything, it's really weird. I had so much money yet I don't think I ever had to pay for drinks, the clubs would just give them to you because they were happy you were at their establishment.

Well, now I'm broke.

I'm still famous, but not in a good way.

And if I'm seen at someone's nightclub, they won't be awarding me with free alcohol. They'll award me with a free ride to prison.

Luckily, sneaking into a busy nightclub is easy. So much commotion, so much noise, so much drunk shouting and inclination. No one pays attention to a dude in a dark hoodie lurking around. They probably should, I looked very unsettling. The thing about a busy New York nightclub is that everyone is too selfishly preoccupied to notice anything going on around them.

Managing to sneak inside the club was easy, finding you, angel, is what I knew would be difficult.

All your schedule said was you were going to be at this location by this time. I didn't know why, but I knew I'd probably find out. At first, I was under the impression you came here to let loose. But then I realized that letting loose probably wouldn't be something you would write in a schedule. You had to have been here with some sort of task—a deal maybe.

Walking into the club with my head down, I'm quick to be overwhelmed with the crowds mixed with the blaring beat of Hey Baby by Pitbull and T-Pain vibrating in my chest. I don't think I've ever walked into a nightclub sober before. Are they always this overwhelming? The screaming, the invasive strobe lights, the bodies colliding with each other. I've been in this atmosphere for less than five minutes and I already want to take shots to ease my mind.

I'm here alone this time, not telling the guys I was leaving. I didn't want them to feel obligated to come along considering I blew the last attempt and wasted everyone's time. I put everyone in danger in order to find Aven at The Plaza, then when we succeeded in capturing her, I ruined it.

I needed to go solo for this one. It's not even like I have much of a plan, I just want to simply see her. I have an obsessive need to make sure she's okay. I want to get her alone if it's possible. A busy place like this may allow me to sneak her away. If not, that's fine too. As long as I can see her, that's all I care about.

Does this make me a stalker?

It's a quarter past midnight, the guys are probably wasted at Dez' right about now. They think I just went home to bed like I usually do around this time. They have no idea I'm across town at a nightclub spying on Aven. Not that it's any of their business. It feels kinda weird lying to them about my whereabouts. The last nine months have made us linked to each other. Running from the police together has made us attached at the hip. I'm not used to doing anything without them anymore.

But here I am.

Niall is probably pissed I'm here. Not because I'm putting my life at risk to see Aven. But because I went to a nightclub without him. It wouldn't be good if he was here, he'd get too drunk and ruin our cover with his frat-boy tendencies. So I guess I'm doing us all a favour by keeping this a secret.