32

didn't think it would be this fast HUH??

Harry Styles

I haven't heard from you in five days, Av.

I've started to panic.

That's a lie, I started to panic the night I got the necklace back from you. I couldn't sleep. I haven't slept. I didn't want to do this, Aven. But I had to stand my ground. Why couldn't you just tell me the truth? Tell me you're in danger. After not hearing from you, I'm scared I did something horrible.

You haven't shown up to anything scheduled in your calendar. There was a meeting and a dinner you were supposed to attend. I couldn't find you anywhere, and I know how to spot you in a crowd.

On day three, I went to your house. You weren't there. Through the window of your balcony doors, the bed stayed completely untouched and everything was in the same precise spot the second time I returned. I couldn't see Zayn or your parents anywhere in sight either. It's like you vanished, Av. I'm full of regret for what I did. I should've given you the necklace. God! Why couldn't you just be honest with me? I told you I would give it to you if you told me I'd be putting you in danger. Why wouldn't you admit it? Why are you profusely holding onto your lies?

The guys have been trying to talk me down, telling me you had to go with your family somewhere out of New York. Maybe that would explain none of them being found at your house either. I told them everything, and I had to beg them not to pack up and leave New York. I told them you have the phone number to the restaurant, and I told them you've shown up here before. They were frustrated with me, and while we spent two hours cleaning the apartment, I explained my reasonings. Eventually, they calmed down and began to understand. None of them want to hit the road again unless we absolutely have to.

I think they're starting to just feel bad for me. Which they shouldn't; I put myself in this position with you since day one.

They think I'm pathetic, really.

When I'm not out searching for your presence, I'm sitting by Mei's landline hoping you will call. I can't miss a chance if you try to contact me. I pray you remember the number. If you needed my help, I would be there. No hesitation. We've been at each other's throats lately, but I would never want to see you hurt. I love you, Av. I would do anything for you—

I hear a solid knock, making me look up from the journal and see the guys standing in the doorway of Mei's office. They all look hesitant, not knowing what mood I'm in tonight.

"Hey," Niall speaks first. "It's almost midnight. We're popping over to the bar. You wanna come?"

I shake my head and look back down to the journal.

"I know you want to stay by the phone for Aven but—"

"No," I say under my breath, returning my pen to the paper.

"You have the red light installed in your room, you should at least go lay down—"

"Guys." I shut my eyes and shake my head. "Please...just leave me alone."

They all stand with slow nods, turning around to leave.

The phone rings.

I nearly jump to my feet, the three of them all turning back. I put the journal on the table and grab the yellow phone handle, lifting it off the base so the perpetual ringing stops. Pressing it to my ear, I answer with desperation.

"Hello?"

I hear the wind, heavy breathing, and distant traffic.

"This is your final fucking chance!" Aven's voice demands through into the phone, loud enough that the guys can hear.