• 2 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

"Take care of it !" I said, giving a last glance at the dead body.

Huh! Came here to hurt my family. Motherfucker. Going back dead.

This is what happens when you mess with my family ,Devansh Shekhawat's family. I pulled out my gloves and threw them in the trash bin. I cleaned my hand.

My phone rang in my pocket. It was Aarna maa , my house keeper.

"yes , Aarna maa."

"hello Devansh..! Come fast. Tara got nightmare. She is asking for you."
Aarna maa replied. I could hear muffed cries from other side.

"I will be there in thirty minutes."

I hung up the call and ran out of my warehouse. "Check on the shipments." Ordering one of my gaurds, I finally left.

I barged inside. I skipped up to Tara's room. My heart ached watching her trembling figure in Aarna maa's arm.

"I wan-want da-da." she cried. "He is coming child. Hey look , he's here!" Aarna maa exclaimed. I sat beside them and scooped Tara. "Aarna maa, you may leave." she went out closing the door behind.

Tara whimpered as her small fist clenched my shirt,"da-da.","yesh princess..look daddy is here. Near his princess." I cooed her. "No lea-leaving , pwease (*please)." she said while sobbing.

I wiped her tear,"No princess. Daddy won't leave you , promise!" ,she actioned me to come near so I leaned a little ,"daddy , thewe (*there) is a monstew (*monster) undew(*under) my bed." she whispered.

Uff..her voice. That baby voice, the mispronunciations always melt my heart.

"No Tara ,there is no monster over there. It was just a bad dream, baby." I explained her. But I know my stubborn princess not gonna listen me. "No there is !" she cried loudly.

"shh..! Alright. Daddy sent him away. You know he was afraid of daddy so he ran away."She opened her eyes,"It gone?" I nodded.

"But I am scawed (*scared)!" her eyes welled up. I pulled her close to my chest. I rubbed her back in a soothing manner,"You are daddy's brave girl ,no? And daddy is here too. No cry baby ! Shh...!" her cries calmed a little.

I held her in my arms until I heard her soft snores. I looked at my cute baby's face. It was having tear staines.

My poor baby. She couldn't get my enough time. How she manges everything alone? She misses me but I always show up late. Such a pathetic father I was.

I placed her on the bed and kissed her face. I was about to get up,I realised Tara was holding my shirt. Removing my shocks and shirt, I laid down beside her. I replaced her on my chest. Holding my baby's small figure, I drifted off.

•. •. •.

"Da-da. Da-da" I groaned and opened my eyes to find my Princess sitting on me. "Hmm..?" I pulled her and hovered over her. She giggled as I kissed all over her face. "Daddy, today is Sunday. you pwomised (*promised) to pway (*play) with me" she hung on me like a koala.

"Hmm..! But only if you will be a good girl. You will brush and take a proper bath. Then only!" She pouted at my statement,"No bathies (*bath)" I sighed ,she hate baths. She was scared of water. Aquaphobia.

I quieried "What if daddy help with your bath ?" She shook her head. "okay. Let's go and brush, okay ?" I sighed in defeat. I couldn't make her sad.

She agreed so I helped her with brushing. "Go and ask Aarna maa to get you ready." She obeyed and ran away out of my room. I took a shower and changed into casual clothes.

I descended through the stairs. Tara was sitting by the dinning table. Aarna maa noticed my presence and bowed,"Good morning, Devansh ! What would you like to have for breakfast ?"

"Tara , what do you want ?" I questioned , raising an eyebrow, playfully. "Noodwus (*noodles) !" she jumped with excitement. "I will be back soon !" Aarna maa gave her milk and me, a cup of coffee before moving back to kitchen.

We had our breakfast.

"You count 1 to 10. I hide !" Tara stated and scurried upstairs. I did as she said me to then I went to search her. First I entered in her room,"Tara. Where are you ?" I heard a giggle. She probably would have thought I couldn't hear her but I did. I saw two small feets behind the curtain.

"Where is Tara ? I can't find her. Why is she so good with this game ?" I pretended as if I didn't know where she is ?! As I was near the curtains I lifted them,"caught you !" I picked her and placed her on my shoulder , holding her both hands for support. "Want a ride with daddy ?" I asked, hoping her to say 'yes'.

"YEASSHHHH !" She shouted, excitedly. "Inside voice , Princess !" I reminded her. "Oww.. Sowwy(*sorry) !" she gasped silently. "Da-da,can sheepy go with us ?" told Tara, slowly. "Offcourse sweetheart. He can !" I grabbed her stuffed sheep toy.

The small stuffed sheep whose name is Sheepy,is her life , without it she would never go anywhere. My daughter, Tara was a quick learner always. She learnt alphabets and counting numbers till 10 ,really quick. Not perfectly but I was proud that she tried. She is the only lady whom I adore otherwise women are my headache , my disgust.

People may hate me for thinking this way about women but believe me or not I never had a better experience ever with any woman. Not even with my wife. Hash ! Why the fuck I am remembering that bitch ?

"This ca (*car)" Tara pointed at my porche. "Sure, sweetheart !" I placed her on her booster seat and made sure to buckle her properly. Walking around,I took my seat.

We visited amusement park. Taking Tara in my arms, we bought tickets. "Daddy, Tom and Jerry !" Tara clapped her hand at the dancing cartoons beside the gate. We enjoyed different rides. I too sat on some children rides as it was hard for me to send my only precious gem alone, anywhere. I had many enemies all over this world. They always keep their eyes on me.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1050
Published : 03 Jan 2022

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me

Writer,
Pratibha