• 40 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

"You won't trust how happy I am ?" Arna maa exclaimed, placing the tray filled with glasses of juice. Currently I along with other members were sitting in the living room. Sitara was playing with her sheepie on my lap whereas Pup was lying down on the couch snuggling to me.

"Yeah, I missed you." Sitara said, resting her head on my chest. The hand that was on my stomach went to her hair as I started caressing it. "I too missed you." Sakshi pouted. I gave them all a small smile.

I could not understand if I was happy or sad ? A part of me was glad I returned to my Sitara baby and other lovely people; however , another part was upset and disappointed because Devansh won. We drove back her in full silence, his bodyguards brought my belongings from Rishab's apartment. Why did I need to follow his orders ? Why did I have to do everything he told me to? Why does he always act so dominating ? Ugh..Why was he an annoying jerk ?

I was subconsciously pulling his hair in my mind.

I did not realise I was staring at him until John cleared his throat. My eyes went wide as saucers when I found Devansh looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Kaira, were you killing our boss in your mind or something ?" Sakshi questioned bringing her face closer. "What ? Why?" I instantly queried, jolting. "Because you were eye-killing him. Yes. God, the way you were staring at him as if right now only you will get up and stab him in his throat." I gasped while listening to her.

I bit my lower lip, trying not to blush,"Shut up. It's nothing like that. Uh..I need to use the bathroom." I stood up and made my way to my old room. Or the guest room, I must add. Shit. I should not forget I am nothing more than a guest and a caretaker here.

A sudden feeling of loneliness flushed me. I tightened my jaw controlling my tears. My father did not even want to see my face and about mumma, I knew she might still ask me for abortion which I would never do. I emptied my bladder in the washroom and came out. I sat at the edge of the bed facing the window.

"This is what you have kept for me, dear lord. Is this my gift ? I mean yeah, in a way it's a gift but it's also a disaster. On one hand, you gave me a little life, my little munchkin but on the other hand you took away my parents' love and affection away from me. Which kind of game are you playing with me God? Why can't I understand it? Are you trying to Indicate something ? If yes then what ? Why can't I get you?" I cried while looking at the moon. I sniffled.

I was feeling like I could not take this anymore. I was feeling like giving up on everything and running away from the world. I was craving for love. I was craving for comfort which I had expected from my future partner after my parents but it seemed like I had no one now. Neither my parents nor someone special.

I knew I had many people near me who love me, who care for me, like Arna maa, Sakshi, John, De- maybe not he. Sitara, she loves me a lot still why I feel these dark feelings. This lonely feeling.

I felt my head throbbing. I whimpered due to pain and went to the night stand and gulped some water. I felt the bed dipped beside me. I turned to find Devansh sitting beside me.

"How did you come in? You should not get into a woman's room without her permission and what if I would have been changing my clothes?" I let out all my frustration in that snap. He stared at me amusingly,"Since when did I start needing someone's permission to get into my property ?" I huffed at his words. "My property" I mocked silently. "And about changing clothes, what would be the problem if I saw some parts of your body?" I winked with a smirk. I gasped.

I slapped his arm,"Shameless."

"Since I was born !" He cracked his bones by twisting his elbows. I stood up and was walking away when I felt his rough hand around my wrist,he pulled me backward. I landed on his lap. I used my fist to push him,"Leave me. Someone will see us in this position. Idiot leave." I yelled in a low tone. I was checking the door if someone was there or not.

"Let them see. And don't wiggle or I will end up doing something we both will regret. Especially you." He whispered in my ear seductively. I felt my stomach twisting. The butterfly effect happened in my tummy. I was a blushing mess. I understood what he meant. All of a sudden the baby kicked which Devansh must have felt as his hand was on my stomach.

He lifted his hand and placed his palm on it, soothing rubbing circles. I relaxed in his arms. His hands were holding my back securely, the reason why I wasn't tense about falling backward.

"Relax yourself, sweetie. For you. For your baby. Calm down." I realised the air I was holding through my mouth. My backbone bended backward. His soft breathing was falling on my neck sending shivers. I squeezed my legs together, nesting my face into his shirt. His cologne made my mind black. He smelt like mint and vanilla.

His hand went from my stomach to my face. He rubbed my cheeks. My eyes were closed. Lips were slightly apart. Sweats were vanished. Nose were busy in doing their job, which was smelling his lavish scent.

"Sleep, honey, sleep. It was a long day. Give yourself some break. The little one is tired as well, he or she also need rests. Calm down and fall asleep. I am here for you." With those word I felt a light press on my forehead. I nuzzled more into his comforting warmth and with my hand on my stomach, I dozed off.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1045
Published : 12 May 2022

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha