• 59 •

D E V A N S H

I laid Kaira in her bed. I let out a sigh of tension and pinched the bridge of my nose.

A knock on the door made my eyes snap open. I moved to find Rajesh standing at the entrance of the room. I nodded at him to get in. His glaring eyes were undefined. He ignored my presence while taking a place in Kaira's bed. He checked on her through her pulse and eyes. He poured a glass of water and sprinkled some of its drops on Kaira's making her flinch slightly.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?" I made my way closer to them. He showed his palm,“Please! Don't act as if you actually care!" I narrowed my eyes,“Why do you care?"

He stood up and inched closer to me,“You stay away from her. You are the reason for her unhealthy body. You better stay away." He dug his nail in my chest. I threw his hand away from him and punched him hard,“You are no one to interfere in my family matters."

He stood up and kicked my stomach. I then threw another punch on his right eye. He was about to use his leg for another kick when I dodged it with mine.

“What is going on here?" I heard a loud voice. We turned towards Kaira. She was out of her bed now. I rushed towards her,“Kaira, you should take some rest. You are not well." She pushed me away. She looked annoyed.

Her angry looks drilled into my eyes. I inhaled a sharp breath. “Rajesh, you're hurt!" She exclaimed, and ran to him. “It is nothing, Kaira! This is not the first time we are fighting." He wiped his cut lips. I rolled my eyes. I felt a pang in my chest. I gulped down my sorrow. Maybe I deserve it.

“Sit here! I will bring the first-aid!" She went outside. He turned his head and smirked at me, licking his blood. I clenched my jaw. Kaira did his first aid. God, they were so close. I dashed out of the room in anger.

When I was in my office, I went to my cabinet and took out a bottle of liquor. I opened its cork and chugged in. I realised I was sweating really bad. With immense anger, I smashed the bottle against the wall and screamed.

“I WANT HER. I WANT YOU, KAIRA. I WILL GET YOU AT ANY COST. AHHHH!! I WILL KILL ANYONE WHO WILL COME ON MY WAY!"

My breathing was heavy due to my rage. I punched the walk multiple times until the wall started cracking. My hand was bleeding. There was pain in my head along with my hand but they were tolerable but the pain in my chest was intolerable. I was dying.

I slid down against the wall and closed my eyes.

The chirping of birds and a bright light falling on my eyes, directly, woke me up from my stressful and dreamless sleep. My eyes were on fire. My muscles were hurting. I made myself stand properly.

I went to the attached bathroom and glanced at my figure in the mirror. I was looking like a broken beggar. I shut my eyes and splashed water on my face. In this condition, I couldn't go out because I knew Tara would be up by now.

Therefore, I threw my clothes off and went into the shower. After a very long time, I was using my office's shower. When I was done, I walked out of my office,directly with a towel around my waist. I was planning to take a day off today. Hence, there was no use of wearing the outfits present in my office's wardrobe. The reason is that all of them are office wear and none for casual wear.

My head was blasting with pain. I was walking without paying any attention due to which I got cringed by a loud gasp. I looked forward and found Kaira staring at me with wide-open eyes. I later realised it was probably the first time she saw my bare body. I smirked, forgetting the tension between us.

She realised about her awkward behaviour and looked away,“Stupid man, don't you have any manners ! You are not my man, so you're not supposed to come in front of me naked."

“Who said I'm naked? I am wearing a towel, Kaira! You can't call me shameless when you were the one who was staring at me!" I proclaimed before walking near to her. She gasped then turned to glare me,“You rascal, you will never change. Go away from my eyes before I end up doing something to you."

“I won't go. It's my house I can be however I want." I stated the fact. “Ughh..!" She was about to leave when I caught her wrist. “Wait..you did not do anything." I reminded her. I brought her closer, holding her to me. She started struggling,“Do you really want me to do something?" She asked silently yet her voice was containing loathe for me. “Yeah, I beg you to forgive me. I want you to be a part of my family. Please. I-I want you!"

She closed her eyes. Her struggles came to halt,“Devansh please. I don't want a fight to take over. Because I have thought about it a lot. I know it is not your fault. Neither was mine. It is the fault of the situation. But still you are the one at fault because you tried to spend the night with a drunk woman and then you also left her as if she was just for use. You will never understand the struggle of a woman like me in this filthy society because you are a man. You, men, only need to get their desires fulfilled and that's it. After that nothing matters to you guys! Isn't it, Mr. Devansh Malhotra?" Drops of tears dripped down her eyes. I shook my head,“This was not my intention. I was drunk and I didn-"

"ENOUGH!" She pushed me away.

~tbc~

{A/N}

Words : 1034
Published : 31 July, 2023

Hope you have enjoyed it!

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more!