• 35 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

“Hey. Hey, listen. Stop. I was messing around." She wiped her tears. A part of my chest clenched for being the reason of her tears. She pulled her hand away from me and sat in her chair back as before, folding her hands on the table.

HOW CUTE ?!

My hand proceeded towards her to wipe her tears but she slapped it away, frowning. She sniffled and said,“Aarna maa, I am hungry.",“me too..!" Sitara exclaimed with a faint giggle. I smiled. “Yeah, just a second. I will be back with breakfast." She made her way to the kitchen, back. I could feel Kaira throwing daggers at me. I smirked at my phone.

Soon our breakfasts were served. We were eating when Sitara spoke,“Kaiwa, is the baby inside you, now ?" Kaira nodded, munching her food. Sitara wiggled in her seat. I raised an eyebrow,“What ?"

“I wanna gwo thewe." She pointed at Kaira who was busy devouring her food. We all shared a look while suppressing our laughs. Of course it wasn't like it's only her who was eating, the life inside her also needed food.

I put Tara down from her high chair. She dashed towards Kaira's side. Tara patted her lap making her head snap towards her,“What happened ?" She asked. Tara pointed to her baby bump belly. Tara touched it.

Kiara gasped,“did you feel that ? Baby reacted to your touch." Sitara grinned bobbing her head. “Dada the baby is so gwood. I wuv the baby." She hugged her baby bump and whispered,“you know when you wiw come out, I wiw give you chocowates. I have a wots of chocowates. Daddy wiw buy you toys. Okiee ?!" She giggled at last.

We all chuckled at her cuteness. “Kaiwa, when can I meet the baby ?" She whined with a pout. “More 4 months, then you can meet the baby."

“oh.!" My baby's face fell. “Dada, can't you have a baby ?" I choked on my coffee. Kaira forwarded me the glass of water. She burst into laughter,“oh my god, Daddy why don't you get a baby ?" She mocked me and again laughed, this time others too chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes at her,“shut up." I looked at Tara,“baby, dada can not make a baby. Only women can, that's why only Kaira can have a baby. Dada cannot." I explained to her. I was completely embarrassed.

“oh..okie..!"

“Kaiwa, how did you get the baby ? How did it come inside you ?" She asked, rubbing her chin. I noticed Kaira becoming awkward; I threw her a sly smile. She glared at me. “Sitara, actually one day a man came to me and he gifted me the baby. He told me that I need to take care of it until he returns. Cause he had doubts if he could ever return back or not. So basically he was unsure about his arrival." She sighed, her eyes were about to get watery but she took a deep breath and continued,“That is why I am carrying it and I keep it inside me so that I can protect it and keep it near me everywhere I go."

Wow..From where this woman got this talent ? She explained her so carefully and not gonna lie there was truth as well.

“ohh..! Wow..! So the baby is his and yours ?" Tara queried. Why is she starting a quiz competition here ? “Umm..yeah..!" She nodded and took a bite of her food. “So the baby is his too ?" She questioned. Kaira nodded.

Sitara smiled widely,“daddy..! Why don't you also give a baby to Kaira ? We can keep her and the baby. Pwease you also give baby inside her."

This was Kaira's turn to choke the food. She sipped her juice to calm her thoat.

“What do you say, Kaira ? Do you want me to get a baby inside you ?' I smirked. Her face had become beetroot-red. I laughed loudly, throwing my head back.

After breakfast, I took Sitara for a check-up. Mr. Das said not to worry. It was just a common flu. She whined a little seeing those medicines, especially the syrups. They were always bitter so probably that's why ?! She never had problems with tablets or capsules as they were meant to mix with water and drink but syrups were always needed to have without anything. I chortled wondering what excuse she would make this time ?!

We were returning when my phone started ringing. It was Shiv, one of my guards. He worked with John, John was good with hacking whereas he was good with computers. Actually Professional. Anytime we need to check our systems he manages it perfectly.
I put my bluetooth Airpods.

“Hello..!" I talked.
“Hello, boss. We got some information from the kidnapper." He said with a stern tone.
“Very good. I will be there in fifteen minutes." I stated.

I disconnected the call. I am not gonna leave that fucker. I would never feel satisfied before killing those bitch rivals. Fucking son of bitches. Motherfucking assholes.

My teeth were gritting just imagining their faces. Bloody hell.

I drove the car. Tara was already asleep as she was not feeling well. I pulled up the car as soon as the gates wide opened. I asked Sakshi to carry Tara inside, to her room. I flounced towards the warehouse's office. The guards bowed. I ignored and walked in.

“Good morning, boss. Here are the reports we found." Shiv gave me a file. I sat in my leather chair and went through it thoroughly. “Boss, this report says he wasn't or isn't alone here. He came here with a bunch of men and I am confident they are still here and perhaps preparing another plan to kidnap your daughter." I hummed in response.

I rubbed my temple. “John."

“Yes,boss." John turned his attention towards me. I stood up, straightening my coat,“Hack all the systems of the nearby hotels or resorts. Fin-"

“But boss, why do we need to hack ? We can ask them to show us,right ?" One of my guards said.

“First, do not interrupt me while I'm speaking. Second, they won't show us until it's some serious police case and I don't want to get involved with police, we will be the one in trouble. So hack all the systems and check each and every CCTV footage of this whole month. Understood ?" I sternly ordered.

“YES, BOSS." they said in unison.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1086
Published : 23 Apr 2022

How was the chapter ? WINK WINK

And do not forget about inline comments and do let me know which was your fav dialogue among all, in today's update  ?

Vote

Comment

Follow for more

Share

Writer,
Pratibha