• 12 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

“what do you mean by momma ?” I queried. I was so damn angry, this bastard. How could he let a two year toddler to take a bath alone ? Such an irresponsible.

“Momma got a ca-ll, che chaid t-to ta-ke bath m-myself. I-I am gr-own up.” I scoffed. Which mumma was this ? I wanted to meet that bitch. I turned and found ba-ahem. Mr. Sekhawat with clenched jaw and fist.

“Th-then u know I got soap in my e-eyes. It burn-ed,” she sniffled. “oh baby, I promise she won't come back again.” I heard Mr. Sekhawat whispering. Who was this 'she' ? Why is she not here ? “okay now look at me.” she looked up at me. “Look if we don't bath, we become dirty and dirty is bad, right ? Now now, do we want to be bad ? No, na ? Then trust your friend and take a bath I promise your eyes won't hurt or burn.” she pinched her throat,“plomich?” I shook my head positively,“promise,” and pinched my thoat.

I put some water on her. I gave her the small rubber duck and she played with it. I asked Mr. Sekhawat for her soap. He got her body wash and pour some in my hand. I rubbed it in my hand creating foam. Sitara's attention wasn't towards us so I applied the foam on her body. I carefully cleaned her face. After putting soap, I took her under the shower. She jumped and giggled when water fell on her body.

“close your eyes,” she obeyed. She kept giggling whole time while I gave her bath. “Very good, sunshine. We gonna get you candy for being such a good girl.” I wrapped the towel around her and picked her in my arms. I made sure to not give much pressure on my stomach.

I turned and saw Mr. Sekhawat smiling and lost in his dreamland. He was certainly looking at us in some other emotion. I shrugged. “Mr. Sekhawat,” I tap his shoulder.

He jerked,“huh ?”,“take her and dress her. I will bring something warm for her.” he took Sitara and started drying her hair by the towel while walking out. I felt like throwing up but I controlled. Yesterday was a hell, I threw up so much.

I noticed I was almost wet. I changed my clothes and brought some warm milk for Sitara. When I went in, I saw her clinging in her  daddy's arms. I smiled,“see lil champ. What I have for you.” I opened my fist. She took the candy from my hand and tittered. “Now drink it, immediately.” she was looking pale, her cheeks were lil red.

Mr. Sekhawat's hand touched mine in process of taking the glass. I felt current. Damn. He made her drink that. How sweet they both look ? “D-daddy.” she muttered under her breath. “Yes baby. Daddy's here. Drink it.” That's enough, I ran out of the room.

I sobbed loudly once I closed my room door. I was feeling pathetic, how my child gonna get the love of a father ? What if he or she thought me a whore ? I held my head as it spun, a nausea hit my throat. I ran in my bathroom and threw up all the breakfast of this morning.

I cleaned my mouth and came out, laid down in my bed. A tear slid from the corner of my eyes. I didn't have anyone to take care of me at this time. I had saw many videos and magazines where they says a partner is necessary to grow a child where am I suppose to bring a partner ? I didn't even have any idea whose the baby was ?

I couldn't sleep many night by this tensions. No Kaira. Get up and walk, this is not what you suppose to do. I encouraged myself and got up.

I made the ayurvedic juice for Sitara's cold and went to her room. She was sleeping. And Mr. Sekhawat was looking at her with adoration. Would my child could ever get this opportunity ? Offcourse no.

“Mr. Sekhawat.” he glanced at me and wiggled his eyebrows. “Wake her. Make her drink this. She will feel better,” I explained. He patted her stomach,“princess..Tara baby wake up..look what Kaira have brought for you.” she slowly opened her eyes and yawned. She sat in his lap.

“It would be better if you help her with drinking,” he smiled at me. Wait..did he just smile at me ? I smiled back awkwardly. I sat infront of them. She looked me with tired eyes. I removed the hairs from forehead and eyes.

I picked a spoon full of the juice from the bowl and blew it. I pushed the spoon in her mouth. She cringed,“it's spicy but yum yum.” maybe she liked the taste. We chuckled. I looked at Mr. Sekhawat to find him staring at me. My cheeks heat, ahh.. don't get crush, Kaira. Don't get crush. I scold myself.

“I am full.” she pushed the bowl. “see last one.” she gulped down the last one. I ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead,“very good..!” I laid her down and her daddy covered her the quilt.

I was leaving when I felt something tuck my scarf, I realised Sitara was holding it with tear in her eyes. Her daddy was confused too. “Don't g-gwo. Pwease." She sniffled. “oh baby I'm here na, let her go.” she did listen him. “No don't leave me. No going.” she cried. Looking at the helpless child, my heart ached. I took her in my arms and rocked her.

She sobbed in my kurti. I rubbed her back and pat it. Slowly she started breathing normally. Her soft snores reached my ear. I carefully placed her in the bed. I covered her the quilt. Suddenly she held my hand and snuggled into it. Then she whispered something which left me and her daddy shocked as our eyes went wide as saucer,“momma.”

~TBC~

{A/N}

Words : 1017
Published : 01 Feb 2022

The last part was...Ahem Ahem.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Writer,
Pratibha