• 61 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

I could not stop thinking about his words.

I wanted to trust him. Give him a chance but my subconscious mind had different plans,'Didn't you trust him earlier? Wasn't he one who hid such a huge thing from you?'

I sighed and decided to take a shower to cool my mind.

Undressing myself, I hopped into the shower. My tears were continuously flowing from my eyes. I caressed my bump,"Now you can only help me baby? You are the only one who could help me now! Please help your mumma!" I sniffled. I felt the baby's kick.

My mind skipped to the time when Devansh's touch used to affect me and his touch had always made different movements in my baby bump.

I quickly turned the shower off. I could not care about my dressing. Just trying a bathrobe around me. I walked out of my room.  Without any warning, I went into Devansh's office. "I have to say something" I did not realise I was breathing heavily.

He had two people sitting in front of him. Seems like he was having a meeting. They were about to turn towards me when he stopped them,"Eyes over here." I noticed his eyes darkening. He stood up with rage and strode towards me. I took a step back. He took off his coat and covered my cleavage that was visible then pulled me closer to himself, hugging me. His fingertips were messing my hair whereas his arms were protective around my back. I breathed in his cologne that was comforting me.

How much I missed it!

"Both of you, out now! And eyes down, I dare you to look up." His hoarse voice was filled with authority. They both left the room while their eyes were on the floor.

He pulled us apart. I could help but whine as the warmth left me. I won't lie but I was embarrassed at my act. I noticed him smirking and rolled my eyes.

"I-I" I did not know where to start and how to start. Won't it be too quick? Will I look desperate from him? My breath quickened.

"HEY, shh..! Calm down. It's okay!" He comforted me. He guided me towards his table and made me sit in the chair.

"Devansh, I w-want to give you a chance but I am scared. I can not trust you enough to have you close to my child. What if you disown me along with my child like others ? I know one day you will also get tired of us." I sobbed. I glanced at his face. He looked hurt.

I closed my eyes. I knew my words were rude and hurtful but they were true. It's not my fault, I have experienced nothing but loss after my baby came into existence. And I was ready to leave everyone behind, just for my child. Earlier I, myself was my first priority but after carrying this child, he became my first priority.

What a turn? From selfish to selfless.

That's what life is, right?

I felt hands caressing my bump.
"Thank you for informing me about the condition of your heart. I respect your words. But I would suggest you give me a chance. If I lose your trust then you are all free to push me away from you but.." He stopped in his mid sentence and stood up.

He kept his hands on either side of the chair and bent down till my eye level,"But till then, you need to permit me to be close to you. As much as I want. For better care of OUR baby and YOU" he came closer and whispered the last word against my ear. My breath hitched. I clutched over his hand.

He then spoke against my face,"Hmm..! Agree?"

I gasped,"Yes!"

He stood straight with a victory smile. He took my hands and kissed them,"Get ready for the queen treatment, pretty mother." His words sent me butterflies.

Pretty mother. Such a perfect title for me.

I blushed hard and tried to leave the room. Key word, tried. Before I could leave he held my hand,"So eager to leave." I walked close to him. His back of fingers caressed my cheeks. I closed my eyes because of the effect.

"We will be staying in my room now." He declared. I pushed him away,"No way!" I felt the bathrobe loosening slowly or maybe slipping away. I turned it and tied it more tightly.

As soon as I was done, I was being lifted up. I shrieked, holding upon Devansh.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Ignoring me, he walked out of the room. I noticed Aarna maa hiding her smile. She was in the hall with everyone, even Tara.

Oh god..it's so embarrassing. 

"Please, Devansh. All are watching. Put me down. I am not even wearing any clothes, I'm just in this bathrobe." He again attempted to ignore me and smirked.

While he was climbing the stairs, I pinched his neck,"Kaira, it did not hurt. It was rather ticklish." He chucked.

I frowned,"I did not ask for your experience. Hmph! Idiot." The next thing he said made me all flushed,"Well this idiot belongs to you, pretty mother!" I looked at him with an astonished expression.

I never knew this side of him.

In no time, we reached his room. He carefully placed me on his bed.
"I will ask Aarna maa to bring you clothes. Till then don't even dare to move from here. Whenever you have to leave this room, even if you have to walk till the washroom, you gotta ask me. Alright?" He was acting like a father. I rolled my eyes and looked away, ignoring just the way he did a few minutes ago.

He sighed and sat on the couch for his laptop. He called Aarna maa and gave her all the instructions.

After changing my clothes, I sat back on the bed. Well my plan was to sit on the balcony but he refused as it was raining outside. He was being overprotective.

To be honest, I did not hate it.

~ to be continued~

{A/N}

WORDS: 1034
PUBLISHED: 28th Mar, 2024

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! GET READY..THERE ARE MANY UNEXPECTED TURNS WAITING AHEAD..!

Vote

Comment
Share your views about Kaira amd Devansh.

Share

Follow for more such updates..!

Writer,
PRATIBHA