• 21 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

I was so fucking sure this woman gonna make me fall for herself by the end of the day. When she said she made sure my baby wouldn't get hurt, the promise was fulfilled in her voice. Hah..!My heart. When she avoided my eyes after I said thanks was fucking awesome.

“Dada, cake." Sitara took the cake and kept it on the small table on my bed. She brought a bowl of chopped slices of fruits and spread them on my cake. “Wait, let me help you." Kaira came nearer and started decorating the cake. Her strands of hair were falling on her face. My heart skipped a beat when she was just in front of me, a few inches away.

 My heart skipped a beat when she was just in front of me, a few inches away

I cut the cake and they all sang 'happy birthday' for me. It was the best morning ever. I took a piece and fed it to my baby, first. She kissed my cheek,“wove you,dada." I fed cake to everyone except Kaira as she said,“umm..I will just have a cupcake." She picked a cupcake and was about to eat when I stopped,“Wait. It's my birthday, let me feed you first then you can have it by yourselves."

“I don't see any prob-” Aarna maa interrupted her,“you should not deny any birthday person's wish."

She sighed and brought her face closer. She bit a very small part of the cupcake and took it from my hand,“thanks. Sitara, let's go and get you a bath. Then you can take a rest for a few minutes." Sitara went to her.

“Boss, we also have a surprise for you." Sakshi and John grinned. I raised an eyebrow,“We have arranged a party for you, this evening. And please do not disagree." Sakshi secretly gave me puppy eyes. “It wasn't needed but alright." I walked into the washroom. After taking a bath I went to Tara's room. I saw Tara and Kaira lying in the bed. Kaira might have slept here, accidentally. That's probably okay.

I noticed a bandaid on her finger. I went near and gripped her hand in mine. It was enough to make her jolt and there, she woke up. She snatched her hand away,“What the f-uh do you think you were doing ?" She whisper-yelled.

“How did you hurt yourself ?" I asked. She looked at her finger,“oh this. It was a few days ago while I was walking in the garden," it was a perfect lie but not for me. “You're lying, I know. It wasn't there before."