• 7 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

After listening her, my tears were at the verge as I wished, my daughter had a mother like her. She would never get any nightmares but her mother was totally opposite.

"After that, due to lack of money, I left my apartment ? I was starving that day and I wasn't having a single peny with me. I tried finding jobs but no one was wanting me. I spoted his Bar and thought I could help myself," she explained playing with hem of the dress, she was wearing.

She jerked,"Where is the bathroom." I pointed the door just behind her. Holding her mouth, she ran there. Sakshi ran after her. Sakshi rubbed her back, Kaira took support of the basin and held her head.

She cleaned her mouth and came out. Mr. Das forwarded her some water. "Are you okay ?" John, my right hand asked. He is the hacker and work for me. She nodded. "Can you please leave me now ? Don't call the police, please." she joined her hands,"let me go."

"You can't leave this place,now." Sakshi proclaimed. John shook his head, positively. "WHY ? NOW WHAT ?"she gritted her teeth.

"well you know about our gang. It means you have to follow the omertà." confusion was purely written on her face,"I am not a member of your gang then why ?"

"You will have to. She can work as a maid here, right boss ?" I raised my eyebrows at Jonh's words. This idiot. "Stupid, how she will work as a maid when she is pregnant ?!" Sakshi hit the back of his head.

"What about baby sitting Tara ?" Sakshi adviced. I got up in fury,"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND, SAKSHI ? I CAN'T LET ANY STRANGER GO NEAR MY PRINCESS. IF TOMORROW SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HER HOW WILL I STAY ALIVE ?"

She stared at the floor,"sorry boss.","Let her go. She won't tell anyone about us. Moreover, she doesn't know much about us." I proclaimed. "But boss," I interrupted Sakshi,"Sakshi. No."

Kaira gave me a look but I turned away. She sighed and got up. I heard a loud thud. "KAIRA." Sakshi scurried out of my cabin. We followed her. Kaira was lying down. "Let me see." Mr. Das said and crouched down. "As I said before. This time women feel more weaker. Moreover, she need to feed herself something proper." John picked her and took her to a guest room.

I made my way to kitchen. The maids were chatting and talking. I cleared my throat gaining their attention. "Oh boss..you need something ?" one of them asked. "No. Take some food and water for the girl in the guest room." I ordered.

"I knew this man will get some one new for himself.","yeah, this men are like this only. Change women like clothes." I gritted my teeth hearing their chats. "IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU MIND YOUR BUSINESS. OR ELSE THE BASEMENT IS READY." They was started.

I marched to my office and banged the door shut. I threw the files from desk. I picked the lamp and launched it again the wall. I groaned pulling my hair. Because of that bitch, I am getting all the faults. I stood infront of window looking at the sky,"I could have heard you mother. I am sorry." a tear slipped from my eyes.

I was hugged from behind,"Are you still angry with me?" I spinned with shock,"What you doing here? How?","Are you still angry with me?" she questioned. I started at the wall,"Yesh. You didn't do well with me. Atleast you could have thought about our small daughter."

She started laughing,"Hahahaha...What? Our daughter. Haha..God ! Your daughter. And why I did that? Cause you deserve that baby. And ya your baby too." she kissed in air and disappeared.

"NO SHE DOESN'T. SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS. YOU GOLD DIGGER BITCH. YOU WILL SUFFER. I WILL MAKE SURE, YOU SUFFER." I screamed punching the wall furiously.

“Brother,” I turned and saw Sakshi. She kept her hand on my shoulder,“Stay strong brother. If you will break down this way then how will you handle Tara ?”

I ran my hand through my hair,“I don't know what to do ?”,“That is why I am saying. Hire Kaira as Tara's babysitter.” she again told. “Sakshi. Why it's so difficult for you to understand ? How can you expect me to trust some random woman ? They are not meant to be trusted,”I snarled.

“I promise, you're thinking totally wrong about her. Kaira is not like HER,” said Sakshi, giving more pressure on 'Her'.“She is my bestfriend. I know her more than her parents. Moreover, she is going to be a mother. How could she harm her ?”

I noted her words carefully. She was correct but still it was tough to believe women. “No Sakshi. Please don't force me, I can't risk my little one's life. She is the only thing I have in my life. You know right ?!” All left me.

“Brother. Try to understand. I swear on my life, she won't ever try to hurt you child. Just think once. Think with relax mind, she is carrying a unborn child inside her. She is going to be mother soon. And the mother who fought with everyone for her UNBORN child. How she would mistreat your child ?” she explained.

Should I trust her ?

“Maybe one chance. Only one. If anything happens don't ask me to keep her back. Okay ?”

Saksh squealed,“Thank you, brother. You are the best.”

“shh...and remember. No one should know about our relation, okay ?” she nodded,“promise.”

She was leaving when she turned and gave me a tight hug,“Don't think about HER so much. Mumma has forgave you, trust me.” my eyes welled up. I held her tightly,“I was so wrong.”

She rubbed my back,“shh...brother. It's alright. Be thankful to lord she didn't do anything with your baby girl. And if you will break down this way everytime. How you gonna take care of your little one ?” she said wiping my tears.

“Inform her about the contract also.” I notified her. “Sure boss !” bowing, she made her way out of my cabin.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1047

Published : 21 Jan 2022

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha