• 47 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

"KAIWA." I heard a loud squeal. I jumped. I realised Sitara was calling me and banging on the door continuously. I rushed and opened the door. She hugged my legs, promptly. "No No weaving me awone. Okie ?" I was so out of the world to understand her words. We both cleaned our hands before leaving the bathroom.

When we were near our table, Devansh stood up to make me sit. However before he could reach my chair, I sprinted and sat on it, on my own. He gave me a confused glance as frown made its way to his eyebrows.

"Look our orders are here. Let's start eating." Devansh tried to cheer up my mood but it didn't affect me much. The pasta in front of me was looking tempting, still I was not feeling hungry enough to have it. I had lost my appetite.

"Kaira. What's wrong? Why are you not eating ?" His expression was screaming about— how suspicious he was about me. "Umm..I am not feeling like I can eat. Can we go back to house, please?" I requested him. "Are you alright ? Are you not feeling well?" He brought his hand closer to check my temperature but I backed away,"Yeah, I am okay. I am just tired. And moreover, my feet are killing me." He didn't look satisfied by my answer yet he nodded, pressing his lips with each other.

He packed my food and we soon left the place.

I scurried upstairs to the room as soon as we returned back. I splashed water on my face, trying to calm my breathing. I looked myself in the mirror. I felt a sharp pain my head. I grasped my hair, a feeling erupted in my oesophagus. I threw up my puke. I was feeling weak. I cleaned my mouth before stumbling out of the bathroom. I managed to unlock my suitcase. I pulled out a pair of clothes. I changed and laid down in the bed, clutching the duvet.

My head started throbbing, making me whimper. I snuggled into the blanket. The door unlocked; It must be Sitara. I closed my eyes, sighing. The bed dripped next to me, I felt a warm rough hand on my forehead. It caressed my cheek and hair. I drifted off, while feeling a light press on my head. The hair caress was enough to relax my muscles.

I hugged myself tightly feeling cold air on my body. I opened my eye lids, the bright light was blinding me. I blinked my eyes to mange to see around clearly. I found Sitara close to me with her face pushed into my breasts, as usual. I smiled, bringing her closer. Her soft hair against my palm made me snuggle to her head more. I inhaled her sweet baby smell with a grin still on my face. I sighed, glancing down at her face. She stirred and yawned with her tiny fists in the air. She whimpered. I immediately pulled the duvet over her.

I got on my feet. I felt pain in my back. I stretched my arms to get rid of it. I did my morning routine and changed into a pair of decent clothes.

I was combing my hair when I heard a knock at the room door. I looked at the bed only to find Sitara still sleeping, now clutching her Sheepy. I unlocked the door, Devansh came through the door and smiled at me. I hesitantly returned it. I started avoiding him yesterday and was gonna keep doing it.

I was about to get into the bathroom when he took a hold on my wrist, I frowned turning around. I snatched my wrist away from him as I send him a glare,“What?" I snapped him.

He narrowed his eyes,“What's wrong with you?"
“Nothing." I rolled my eyes. “Nothing ? You are acting strange since last evening, Kaira." He looked worried. “You are just overthinking. You don't need to say me in what way should I behave! You mind your own business." I spoke in a angry tone. Trust my terms, I was hurt and upset by my words. I wanted to take them back, instantly. But I felt like I should not. I felt sorry and guilt of my tone.

His expression changed from soft to hard. My heart was thumping. “You know what ?! It was my mistake I came to check on you. I should not have. Women like you deserve to be alone." He spoke while gritting his teeth.

That hit hard. Yes it did. And I knew I deserved it.

I watched as he picked Sitara and left the room while I stood there froze. Streams of tears flowed from my eyes. My throat felt dry. My head felt foggy. My muscles did not move any further. I was left there ALONE. Again I was alone. Because of whom? For myself. I am the reason of my own sadness. I closed the door shut and layed on my bed, clutching the duvet closer. When I felt like I was gonna sob. I hid my face in my pillow and started sobbing and crying harder and louder.

I did not know what to do next.

I didn't realise when my eyes dropped and I was fast asleep.

“Kaiwa wakey wakey. Wakey wakey Kaiwa. Kaiwa. KAIWA....!"
“Oh my goodness." I gasped, rising from the bed. I adjusted my blurry eyes and saw Sitara on my bed giggling whereas Devansh was leaning against the door staring at me. I looked down while fidgeting my fingers. I could not meet my eyes with him. It was so awkward to make eye contact with him for some reason.

He cleared his throat,“Sitara and I are going out for lunch. Do you want to come with us or you want us to parcel for you?" He queried, nonchalantly. I swallowed my sadness and an urge to scream with sorrow. I softly said,“Umm..I am not feeling well. You can br-" “Ok. Sitara come. Let her rest. Let's go." He told her, turning around to leave. Sitara pouted, exiting my room. After I heard the main door being shut. I let my body fall back on the mattress letting my tears flow uncontrollably.

Why was it hurting so much ? Why ? What sort of relation we shared to feel this way ?

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Any thought about this chapter/book?

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha