• 29 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

I woke up from my bed. I pulled out the only duffle bag I had bought for emergency purposes. I packed all my clothes and belongings. I cleaned my face with water but my eyes again filled with tears. I slapped myself,"fucking stop crying. Stop." I sank down against the wall. 

I clenched my hair. After finally I was done with crying, I walked out of m-the guest room,with my bag. Little did I know I was gonna start crying again but not in front of Deva-Mr. Shekhawat. I saw him sitting with Sitara in his arms. He was rocking her, my heart broke when I noticed a tear stain on her cheek. It was indeed my fault. I could have been more careful. 

Everyone was sitting in the living room. Looking stressed. I walked there. "What the heck ? Where are you going ?" Sakshi got up in fury. Everyone's head spun towards me including Dev-Mr. Shekhawat. Fucking drop this mistake, Kaira. 

"Look child, he was angry. Please don't leave. Please." Aarna maa pleaded. "Aarna maa, please not today. Don't stop me. Let me go. I don't wanna live here." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"You can not leave like that. Who will take care of Tara ?" John stated. I looked at the sleeping figure in Mr. Shekhawat's lap then turned around,"It's not like I was a good babysitter. You should rather hire someone better. I am not perfect for this job, the child needs more protection. And moreover, she also doesn't deserve to live with or near a slut." I looked down at my feet. 

"What the shits are you talking about ?" Sakshi spoke in an annoyed tone, her one hand resting on her waist while another one on forehead. "Nevertheless, I am leaving. Thank you everyone for lots of care. You people are always like my family." I smiled widely. 

"And thank you, Mr. Shekhawat for your help and sorry for being the worst nanny." I gulped thinking I would be away from him and Sitara. When I was at the gate, a guard asked me,"Where are you leaving ?" I shrugged,"Goodbye..!" 

I didn't know where I was going to go?! I trailed along the alleys, aimlessly. 

"I should call Rishab. I have his number. Yeah..!",I muttered under my breath and dialled him. He didn't pick my phone. He must be busy. Thinking I started wandering, I still didn't know where to go. 

When I took a turn, I noticed a bunch of men, laughing, standing there with beer bottles. I backed away. I gripped the bag, my hands were getting sweety;I bravely tried to cross them thinking they wouldn't notice me.

“Hey,babes. Where are you going ?"
“Want us to drop you at your home ?"
“Don't ignore us, you have got such a heavenly figure."
“Ahh..! Stop, sweetheart."

I cringed, increasing my speed. I felt a hold on my bag as if someone pulled it. “Give it back to me." I shrieked. “oww...!"One of them grabbed my hair, inhaling my scent. “Oh boy, she smells alluring." By his words it was clear, they all were completely drunk. Then my gaze fell on him, I saw Devansh running towards us pulling out his gun.