• 19 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

"Did you get ?"

"Yeah," Sitara said and came with her drawing books and colours. "So, which type of cake should we make ? Chocolate, strawberry, pineapple or vanilla ?" I asked. She kept her finger on chin and thought,"Vanilla cause daddy eat vanilla ice-cweam." She shrugged.

"Do you wanna come for shopping with me ?" She nodded happily. "Promise me, you won't say anyone about this secret. It will be mission daddy's birthday, okay ?" I queried. She thumbs up,"okie," we made list of the things we might need. We decided, we gonna keep all this in my room until we start the preparation.

"See, I made them with pencil and now you colour here and here, okay ?" I said, I noticed she was making something else in another page. "Wow, it's pretty," she was making flowers of different colours. "You know, you can make them here also," she squealed and started colouring the page I gave her.

I didn't do much just wrote happy birthday very lightly by pencil cause it will be by her so let her do other things. After she was done, I took the papers and kept them in my cupboard.

I dressed Sitara for shopping. We asked a guard to drive us till the grocery store. It was in rule, I could not take Sitara without any guard or guards. "We are here," I exited the car and helped Sitara out.

"First we should buy the ingredients, we gonna need for cake, cookies, etc." I held onto her hand and went inside. "Look," she pointed at chips,"We will take those later," she nodded. "Gotcha," I picked 2-3 packets of flour. I most of the time eat pastries or cakes from bakery but never made without mumma's help so why not to have extra for safety. Tehe..!

"Choco-chips," she pointed. I kept those in trolley. I then got some vanilla and chocolate essence. "Let's go to the other side." Sitara followed me. When I went to other side, I saw THEM. Mom and dad were buying groceries. Their gaze fell on me. Dad stomped away, gritting his teeth. I took a deep breath controlling myself when I saw mumma approaching me. "Oh my child, I missed you so much. I am sorry for my earlier behaviour. Please don't mind your dad's act, he really miss you everyday. He always admire your photos, promise. He miss you terribly. You still have time child, do an abortion." I let out a sharp breath.

"Mom, you're disgusting me. And please, I don't care what you want, I am not gonna listen you. And that's final. And please leave me alone." She sighed,"I swear you will regret later. Anyways, you gonna make something."

"How you know ?" I snapped. "I am your mother, Kaira. You always buy extra things whenever you cook. Make sure to add less sugar," she smiled sadly. "I bwought this," Sitara came running and threw two boxes of butter in the trolley. Mom narrowed her eyes,"Who is she ?" Sitara hid behind me. "It's non of your business," I walked out, breathing heavily.

I brought others things, I needed. After paying for everything and taking my bill,I left the store. "Now, we have to buy balloons, ribbons, ya that's all. Other things we will buy from the store near our house." It was 2p.m. when our shopping finally completed.

I kept them beside my wardrobe. We had our lunch, thankfully no one asked us much questions. They just asked why we were late. I said we weren't getting a thing that's why. "Sitara, you sleep now, we have to stay awake all night." I carried her to her room. She was exhausted by our shopping session. I pat her stomach until she was asleep. She was snoring lightly.

I watched some videos about new born baby and pregnant woman then I also took a two hour nap.

I heard sound which caused me to arouse from the bed. I saw Sitara was clinging to Mr. Sekhawat while he was kissing her face. They were whispering each others while smiling. I rubbed my eyes,"I am sorry, I didn't realise when I fell asleep." I looked at the clock, it was 6. I wipes my tears which left my eyes because of yawning. When I kept my feet on the floor, I cringed. It felt numb.

I knew this gonna start today or tomorrow. I had learnt about swollen feet during pregnancy. It's normal, apparently.

"Why you walking wike  (*like) that ?" Sitara questioned. Mr. Sekhawat raised an eyebrow. "My feets are swollen that's why ? It's normal while pregnancy," I smiled and trailed out. Now came the most irritating part of this house. I wished this house had elevators. Shit Kaira, such a nonsense thought. I gripped the rail tightly and another hand on my back as I tried walk down the staircase. My feet were killing me.

I felt a hand on my back, I jerked. It was Mr. Sekhawat. I frowned my eyebrows and huffed. "I know Kaira, I hurt your feelings. I am sorry, I didn't mean to say those words." His eyes flashed different emotions. His voice was so low,"leave it. I don't wanna remember that again. And stay away from me."

"I was just helping you. Your feet must be paining." He held my arms and with his help I came down.

"Thanks," I muttered and walked away.

D E V A N S H

I stared as Kaira's figure moving to her bedroom. I made her so upset. A part me was twisting and turning because of guilt. I swear I never felt guilt hurting anyone besides HER. Was I feeling something for Kaira ? Even if we had feelings for each other, will she ever take care of my child as hers ? I didn't know what was wrong with me. But I couldn't find anything wrong in falling for Kaira as I had never seen her hurting Tara. She could not stop loving my Tara, that was sure. Aarna maa once said me, she had seen that in her eyes, that love.

Was Kaira good for my baby ?

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1036
Published : 15 Feb 2022

Owww... someone is falling...! WINK WINK.
Te he..!

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha