• 39 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

"Kaira, your breakfast." Rishab said, placing the plate of Upma in front of me. "Thank you." I smiled at him. "You're welcome, my lady." I chuckled at his filmy dialogue.

"Mm..it's delicious." I hummed after tasting the food. "Thanks." He thanked me. "By the way, what are you gonna do next ? I mean do you wanna try any job or have you found any way to earn money. However I don't mind helping you, I can take care of you and your baby but you don't want to,lately." He examined my face.

I gulped, it had been a day since I returned back to Rishab's apartment. As soon as Sitara became fit and fine, I came back. I didn't have any idea about my future and my baby's also. I didn't know what to do next. Rishab suggested that I should get settled in his apartment and he will take care of everything. Neither I need to earn nor I have to pay for anything. But I didn't want that so I simply rejected his offer. I was already grateful to him as he offered me to stay in his home until my delivery and I felt it was safe to have someone near during this period.

By chance, if any complication happens, he could help me. I haven't been for my monthly check-up ,
Of Match- done,
Of April- not done yet.
Maybe this weekend I should visit the hospital.

After delivery, It might be difficult to find a job. I was thinking of starting to find an appropriate job for myself but I was afraid I would take a lot of stress which is apparently not good for my baby.

"KAIRA." I was snapped out of my thoughts by Rishab's voice. He was having a concerned look,"are you okay ?" I lifted my sweaty hand and sipped my water from the glass. I was feeling jittery. "I am okay."

I was about to speak just when the doorbell rang,"I will see who's there." Rishab said, rising up from his seat. I went behind him. I saw Devansh entering the living room. He took off his sunglasses and gawked at me. I threw him a glare. I huffed and turned around to leave when his voice made me stop,"Do not move."

"Who are you to order me anyways ?" I rolled my eyes without turning around. "You are coming with us." He suddenly said from nowhere, making me halt on my way again. I grunted and spun around,"I am not coming with you."

He took small, dominating steps towards me. His hands were tucked in his pants pockets. His eyes challenged me to say those words again. When he was face to face with me. He leaned, bringing his face near mine till our noses were slightly touching each other and lips were inches apart. My breath hitched. I gulped down my saliva. His hand went to remove a strand of hair from my face, taking advantage to touch my neck lightly. I felt ticklish. I bit my bottom lip.

"What did you say, darling?" My jaw dropped hearing his words. Heat crept upon my neck. I twisted my lips trying not to smile. I cleared my throat, backing away. "If you a-are here to take me then please leave. I am not going anywhere with you. G-Get that in your mind."

Before I could take another step backward, he gripped my wrist,"Kaira, I am calmly asking you to come with me back to our mansion. If you won't come either way I will have to take you." He warned me. I frowned my eyebrows looking straight into his eyes.

"Devansh, why are you here to take her when she has already been denying?" Rishab spoke, he looked annoyed. His jaw was clenched. Was he angry ? If yes, then what could be the reason?

"Do not interfere in our talk, Rishab. Mind your own business." He growled. "Listen to me Devash and listen to me good. I AM NOT COMING WITH YOU ANYWHERE. How can you come to take me after the way you disrespected me ?" I spat, I was feeling light headed. I didn't want to talk about that topic anymore.

He sighed,"Kaira, I am sorry. I was and am really sorry for my words. I take them back. I was also not happy speaking those words. I immediately regretted it. Trust me. I-I do not know where they came from. Pl-" I interrupted him,"Let me tell you where it came from. It came from your mind where you think I am slut, DON'T YOU?" My eyes were about to tear up.

He shook his head,"You're not understanding. Please come with me. I can prove to you that I do not think anything like that." I groaned,"I AM NOT LEAVING THIS PLACE, YOU BASTARD." I shouted on top of my lungs and barged into my bedroom not caring to close the door.

Devansh came and stood near my door,"I will count till three. And if you do not put your shoes on and come with me then-" he stopped and gave me a look. "Then what?" I gritted my teeth. He smirked,"Then - ummm...You will see yourself."

I scoffed. He started counting,"1-2- you still have time to get up from that place." I didn't even move. "3 - ok." I also wanted to see what he would do.

The next thing I knew I was being lifted from my place. I shrieked when Devansh lifted me in his arms. Thinking he would drop me, I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, and clutched it tightly. "Stupid bastard. Leave me." "Never." He simply replied. I gasped. His hands were behind my knees and back.

Why was he doing this to me ? Why did he need me there ? Am I even worth living with him ? Why he don't want to leave me? I was just an ordinary girl then why so much for me ?

I didn't realise I was in deep thought until I felt him placing me down. I was in his car now. He promptly closed the door after putting me down. I tried to open it but it was locked. I huffed out air in defeat.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1060
Published : 10 May 2022

Thanks for reading

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me please

Writer,
Pratibha