• 48 •

A U T H O R

A U T H O R

It's another day in Zermatt. Things were kinda awkward and confusing for both Kaira and Devansh. Devansh was very doubtful about Kaira's sudden strange acts whereas Kaira was damn uncomfortable with her own behaviour. She was defying her guts.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come with us ?" Devansh again confirmed, raising an eyebrow. Kaira sighed and nodded, half-hearted. "Fine. I have asked for a guard. He will be here in an hour." He instructed her. She shook her head positively. Devansh took Sitara in his arms and went out of the house. Kaira locked the door.

She grabbed a chips packet from the kitchen and walked back to the drawing room. She decided to watch a movie so that she would not get bored being all alone by herself.

While she was enjoying a very romantic horror movie. In the middle of the movie, the door bell rang. "Must be the guard." She made her way to the door with a hand resting on her baby bump. She unlocked the door. As she had thought, it was a bulky man dressed in a guard uniform.

Kaira threw him a kind smile. He just smirked while eyeing her.

The stranger guard's eye felt blessed when it caught the beautiful angel infront of him. But something that raged him was the baby bump which means she was taken but as he was instructed she doesn't have any husband or partner.

He licked his bottom lip with lust.

Kaira failed to notice the lust, filled in his eyes. She planned to do a kind act which everyone would do, according to her. She called him inside and got a glass of water for him. After all, he's gonna work for her whole day. He will get tired. So she offered him water.

"Thanks." While taking the glass of water, the guard intentionally touched her hand. Kair jerked her hand back with a frown.

She wasn't liking him anymore. She felt a weird feeling in her stomach.

The guard went out of the house for his job.
Kaira contacted Devansh.
"Hello..!" His deep voice came from the other side.
"Uh..Hello." Kaira shyly replied, as she got quite nervous by his raspy voice.
"Kaira? Why did you call? What's the matter ? Any problem?"
"Er..No. I wanted to inform you about the guard. He is at work now."
"Ohk..alright." He replied before hanging up.

Kaira huffed with a scowl on her face.

Rolling her eyes,Kaira continued the movie which she had paused earlier. She didn't realise when she gradually drifted off.

The main door opened as the guard walked in. A smile spread on his face when he noticed Kaira asleep. Soon it turned into a worst smirk. His inner demons were fighting to come out.

He carefully closed the door. He knew no one was there in the house. Only they two. His preying steps came to halt. His rough hands touch her exposed neck.

He could not believe even after being pregnant, how could she be so gorgeous.

He started taking his face closer to her when all of a sudden, Kaira felt some weird sensation so she opened her eyes. She jerked with a flinch and stared at the man with wide eyes.

"WHAT THE HECK?", She slid away from the couch, pushing the man with full force. "What do you think you are doing?"

The man's lip twitched,"oh..nothing. Just admiring a beautiful view." Kaira's heart unknowingly started thumping against her ribs. She swallowed a lump, noticing his preying steps and gaze.

"D-Dont you DARE to TAKE a step closer. I swear, I will cut you alive." She tried to be confident. She knew men like him love when women beg them and look fragile.

"Oh my god. I am scared..hmh. You really think you will be able to scare me." His evil laugh echoed around the house. "You know they say that you should not leave any opportunity, if you get it. I will JUST do that." He smirked like a sadist.

Kaira's heart missed a beat hearing words. "I am pregnant. Please don't even think of doing something sinful. God won't forgive you, ever." She tried to plead to him.

"Oh my beautiful lady, good thing is-I don't trust in God." He shrugged. Kaira's leg hit the table at the corner of the room, she managed to stay still. "I AM NOT YOURS, YOU BASTARD." She spat with fury. Her teeth were clenched.

"No problem. I will make you mine now." He dashed towards her. She turned and lifted the huge glass flower vase beside the table and threw it at him which caused him to fall backward.

Kaira, without thinking twice, ran towards the stairs. She ignored the groans behind her and dashed upstairs, in a breath. Her legs moved faster when she realised the footsteps are behind her or following her, more to be precise.

She felt someone tucked the end of her dress making her stumble. She fell on knees wincing in pain. She looked behind her and whimpered.

At an Ice-Cream Parlour~

"Daddy..I wa't tis' one." An jumping Tara shook her daddy's hand. Devansh smiled before ordering the man behind the counter to prepare his order. "One rainbow ice-cream."

Paying at the counter. Devansh and Tara took a place at the corner. While Tara was enjoying her mouthwatering ice-cream, Devansh was feeling kind of suffocating. He was tense for some weird reason. He was not able to control his legs from bouncing and hand from clenching.

His phone started ringing.
He frowned at the contact before swiping on the screen to accept it.
"H-Hello...!"
"Hello ! Why did you call? I told you earlier not to disturb me today."
.
"What the fuck do you mean by that ?" He stood up with a little rage.
.
"How could you be so careless?" He spoke with an angry tune.
.
.
"Baby..! Daddy is extremely sorry for his behaviour but we will have to leave. He got an emergency." He picked Sitara who instantly whined loudly as she dropped her ice-cream. Devansh heart clenched tight-

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words: 1035
Published: 31 Jul 2022

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha