• 45 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

I aroused from the bed with a loud gasp. I felt cold liquid on my cheek. I touched my cheek to find it wet. I was crying again. The nightmare was the worst. Maybe I was just thinking a lot. In that dream, someone stabbed my stomach. All I saw was blood. I screamed for help but no one came.

I used the bathroom and went to drink some water from downstairs. My legs were feeling like they were trembling but they were not actually.

My throat was parched. When I was done, I noticed the time. It was half past 4. I yawned before climbing the stairs. I stood on the top stair to rest my feet, reason, they hurt pretty bad. I blew air out of my mouth.

Dragging my feet to the room, I spent some time deciding if I should get into Devansh's room or not. I felt like I wanted someone close to me. I sighed,"Nevermind. He must be tired. Let's not bother him." I slid into the comforter beside Sitara. I held her body and brought closer. She whimpered before pushing her face in between my breasts. I chuckled when she smiled in her sleep.

I caressed her smooth cheek with my fingertip. God knows what came in me, I suddenly pressed my lips on her hair. Placing my palm on her head, I drifted off.

My slumber got distracted by light whispers. I cleaned my eyes to get a better view. There was sitting Sitara in between my arms having a chit-chat with her Sheepy.

"Good morning, Sweety." I wished her as soon as she turned her face to me and grinned. She landed her face on mine giving a sloppy kiss on my face. I crunched my nose giggling.

"That's enough, Sitara." I said pushing her away from me. I sat, leaning my back against the headboard. I pat my lap indicating her to climb on it. She sat on me with her head resting on my stomach and Sheepy closer to her chest.

"I miss mumma." She spoke from nowhere. I heard her sniffle. I frowned and tried to get a glimpse of her face. I put my hand under her armpits picking her, I turned her, making her face me.

I held her chin,"Are you upset ?" She used her knuckles to wipe the tears. I took a hold on then,"Hey, don't rub them." I softly wiped her tears. "Now tell me what happened ? Why are you suddenly sad?"

"I s-saw a dweam where m-mumma h-howding(holding) me w-whiwe(while) I sweep." I gulped. Was that dream because of me cause I held her ? "I miss momma." She cried. I hugged her,"Don't cry, Sitara. Daddy, Arna maa, John, Sakshi, I, we all are with you. Then why are you missing mumma ?" She clutched my dress, her face was buried in my chest.

"You love your mumma a lot, don't you?" I asked, looking straight at her wall. She shook her head,"N-No. Mommy, b-bad. I no wike h-her." She cringed.

I was utterly shocked by her answer. I wanted to ask many more things but we got interrupted by a knock on our door. "You may get in." I waited for the door to open.

Devansh came with a grin on his face. It fell down and turned to a clenched jaw making me scoot back a little. It didn't go ignore by him. He sighed and ran his hand in his semi wet hair. He strolled to us and sat near my leg. Sitara peeped at his direction. She showed her arms to him. He took her in his arms. "Did you have a bad dream, baby ?"

How much I wished someone would also ask that to me ?

The thought all alone brought a sorrowful expression on my face. "I guess I should give you two some alone time." I got on my feet to leave. "Kaiwa, you bathie bathie me. Okie ?" I paused my movements and peeked at Sitara who now seemed excited. "I bathie bathie wif wuv." Her happiness did not let me deny her wish.

Devansh stared at me for a good minute, understanding what I wanted him to do next. He put his hands in his pants pockets and left the room, closing the door behind him.

We both stripped out of our clothes. I filled the bath tub with lukewarm water. The slight cold weather was making us shiver. We hopped into the bath. Our body relaxed. The sigh that left both of our mouths made us burst into laughter.

I cleaned myself along with her. We then showed and left the bathroom with a towel around Sitara and a bathrobe against my bare frame.

Sitara climbed on the bed. She took some of her pictures in front of the mirror. I smiled while choosing our outfits. I made sure she wore her diaper. Spending days with her made me understand and know many things about her including this diaper thing. Devansh always make her wear when she goes out of the house.

The reason is she can sometimes just do some accidents by getting a lot excited or thrilled.

We clicked a picture together in front of the full body size mirror.

Sitara was wearing a maroon colour frock with a grey sweater. She had also wore her white socks and black boots.

I was wearing a dress with leggings under it as I mentioned before, it was slightly cold here

I was wearing a dress with leggings under it as I mentioned before, it was slightly cold here. I slipped some white shoes. I made our hairs and we were ready.

I hung my coat on my hand planning to wear it once we are out of this house

"Come on, girls. Don't you want to go out ? Hurry up." We hurried downstairs at Devansh's playful words. We had our breakfast. There were omelettes, salad, sandwiches and lastly juice,milk and coffee. Juice for me. Milk for Sitara. Coffee for Devansh.

I served myself, Devansh served Sitara and himself. After we had our breakfast. Devansh informed me that he had already called his man to be here with his car in 15 minutes.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1035
Published : 10 Jun 2022

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha