• 17 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

I was leaning against the window frame gazing the moon. It was so bright and pleasing to watch. My eyes didn't want to remove themselves from it. I heard my door opening. I frowned at that direction,“Who's there ?"

“It's me."Sitara peeked. “Sitara, come in." She took her baby steps to me. “It's so late, why are you still awake ?" I questioned picking her and set her on the window frame. I made sure to hold her tightly. “You are sad and didn't come to me." She pouted looking at her finger on her lap. “Aww baby, don't be sad. I was just little upset," I sighed,“okay leave it. Let's take you to bed."

“NO." She whined. “Why ?",I was confused. “You sad. I won't sweep (*sleep)." She folded her arms. “I am not sad anymore. Look," I grinned. “You lying," she cupped my face with her small hands. A tear escaped my eyes,I sniffled. “Don't cry." She wiped my tears.

“I am sorry," my whisper cracked. I felt someone staring at us. I roamed my eyes around but found no one.

“You know I-I can ma-ke you h-hwappy.", Sitara giggled but her voice was cracking probably because of the cold wind. I placed her on her feet, she took my little finger and ring finger in her tiny fists and dragged me out of the room. She pushed me on the couch. “Sitara, what are you doing ?" I asked when she ran away.

This child. What she was trying to do ?

She came holding a ice-cream bucket. "How did you climb that high? You might've got hurt." I exclaimed with concern. “But I didn't get any," she climbed up the couch,“you know I wike ice-cweam. It's yum yum and make me happwy when I get sad." She broke into fist full of giggles.

“But where are the spoons ?" She face palmed. I let out a chuckle,“wait..I will bring." I brought two bowls and spoons. We ate ice-creams all night.

“Lay here ?" She pat her lap. “No baby, I could hurt you." I gasped. “No I am stwong." She frowned her brows. I lightly kept my head on her lap while she caress my hair,“when daddy get stress he also used to sweep on mumma's lap," I was tearing up from the corner of my eyes.

D E V A N S H

I groaned when the dazzling sunlight peeked inside through the curtains. I didn't feel the same heaviness on my chest which I feel usually every morning. I realised Tara wasn't near me or in my room. I rushed to her room but instantly panicked when discovered it vacant.

I sprinted out downstairs. I was about to walk to front door when my gaze fell on the figures on couch. Yesterday's memories came dashing on my mind. I breathed in relief. I went closer. Kaira was sleeping and my baby was clinging to her. There were tear stains on Kaira's cheek, I felt something in my chest. My thumbs caressed her cheeks.

Didn't I want this ? Didn't I want someone who could take care of my princess ? Then I saw the Ice cream jar. Wow.. half empty. It was obvious that she makes my Tara happy or maybe happier. She does something which drive both us, daughter and father insane. She was the kindest to my baby. She never left a chance to take care of her or save her from getting hurt. Wasn't it what I wanted ?

Bullshits Devansh. Women could never be kind. They only knows how to show off. Wasn't this what SHE also used to show off ?! No I still could not trust her. I couldn't dig a hole for my Tara and her future.

I was out of my thoughts when I felt something tickled my legs. I saw that dog. This animal could not even let me breath peaceful. I lifted him with my one hand. It was so small for my only one hand. I smirked at his scared eyes. Or maybe angry eyes. Well, both.

“You're lucky I let you live here

“You're lucky I let you live here. Just because of Tara you are here, understand ?" It tilted it's head,“but you know what ?! I am not gonna let you live freely here, eating my money. Your training gonna start soon let's see if you are capable enough to live with my daughter." It shivered a little. I smirked, it was fun.

Kaira yawned. She smiled at Sitara while caressing her hair. Then she lifted her head, her smile dropped as soon as I came infront of them. She got up and was leaving when I stopped her,“Kaira." She waited by then again started walking to her room. “Kaira, please listen to me once." She spun around,“What ?" She was tired, I realised it by her voice.

“Look, I didn't want to say those words. It's just,uh.. I was stresses about something." She interrupted,“Stressed about what ? You weren't saying any hurtful words before I asked you that question. And I don't remember you going for any work before you took me for check-up then you were stressed about what, Devansh ? Stop creating immature excuses." She was utterly annoyed then her eyes fell on Pup, she glared and took it from my grasp. She cooed,“oh my baby. Good morning." She showered it with kisses.

This dog was a big bully for sure. Hmph.

While she was walking back to her room, the dog peeped at me. I narrowed my eyes,wait till I hold you between my hand and squeeze the life out of you.

“dada..!" My gaze soften,“Good morning, my beautiful lady." I smiled playfully. She burst into fist full of giggles. She made her famous grabby hands. I took her in my arms made her hair with my fingers,“Had a good sleep?"

She squealed,“the best one." She threw her head back while laughing. I was little jealous as she would like spending more time with Kaira than me. Nevertheless, she loves me more, I know.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1026
Published :10 Feb 2022

Sorry for late update. Actually I was busy..hehe..! Homeworks are killing me. WHISPER, I was also a little...promise very little, uh maybe little much lazy to update today..hehe..!

Btw, THOSE type of parts are coming soon. WINK WINK

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Writer,
Pratibha