• 23 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

“Daddy, me sweepy." Sitara tucked my suit, rubbing her eyes. “oh,my baby." I lifted her in my arms. “Kaiwa, tiwed (*tired) too." I caressed the back of her head as she rested her head on my shoulder,“yes, baby." After getting Tara buckled perfectly in her booster seat, I dashed inside.

I approached Kaira,“let's go." She nodded and stood up. I knew her feets would not be good enough to walk so I gave her my arms. She grasped them,“thank you." I assured her by a blink. “Can you walk ?" She hesitantly nodded. “Sorry but not sorry," saying, I rested my hand on her back and bending down, I scooped her in my arms. She gasped loudly,“Mr. Shekhawat. What are you doing ?" People's heads turned towards us.

“Just helping someone who needed it." Her cheeks became as red as cherry. Could I eat them? “uh-it's unnecessary." She tried hiding her face in my neck. I chuckled,“not enough."

I made her sit beside Tara who was half sleepy. She made grabby hands towards Kaira. I shook my head and pushed her hands away,“no baby. She is tired." She pouted but stopped showing her arms.

We reached our house. Kaira made her way to her room whereas I took Tara with me to my room. She was already asleep. After I had changed my clothes, I started changing Tara's. She suddenly woke up at that time. I smiled at her,“sleep, baby." I blew a raspberry at her stomach making her burst into giggles. “Daddy," she whined. I did it again and she giggled again.

“Let's sleep. Here's your Mr. sheepy." I gave her the stuffed toy. She hugged it and I covered both of us with the duvet. “Daddy," she suddenly called me, turning behind. “hmm?"

“I want mumma." My body tensed. I frowned,“we can not get mumma. I am sorry." I pulled her to my chest. “But, why ?" She sniffled. I sat up still holding her in my chest,“please baby. Daddy try everything for you. Don't cry."

“No, you're gwood. You're best but I want mumma. I-I want-" she looked down, fiddling her fingers. “you want what ?" I raised an eyebrow. “Ka-Kaiwa, m-mumma." Her eyes welled up.
“WHAT ?"
She flinched at my pitch. She hopped off of the bed, crying loudly. “Baby, stop. Sorry." I ran behind her. She raced downstairs. I knew where she was going so I decreased my speed and followed her calmly.

Standing in front of the door, I peeped inside Kaira's room. She unwrapped her blanket and patted the place beside her. Tara gladly slept with her while Kiara played with her hair. Damn, they both need each other. I went to my office. Oh god, couldn't you do some magic and make them crave for each other every moment because if it was possible, Kaira would never leave us..I mean Tara.

I opened my office's cabinet and pulled out a scotch from the mini fridge. I walked to the kitchen and took a glass. I brought some ice-cubes from the kitchen and went back to the office. Using the opener I opened the cap of the glass bottle.

I poured it in the glass and dropped ice cubes in it. Standing in front of the window, gazing at the moon, I let out my sorrow. I wiped my tears,“aaa..!",I growled, clenching the glass in my palm.

Aversion was the only thing left in my heart for HER.

“Boss..! Boss..! Boss, get up. Boss." I heard someone's voice. I groaned and lifted my head. I saw Sakshi, I looked around and realised I was in my office. The room was messy, glasses and glass bottles were shattered around. I held my head in my palm and sighed due to a headache.

”You fell asleep here last night." Sakshi stated. “Were you missing her again ?" I glared up at her and stomped out. I saw Kaira and Tara playing in the living room.

K A I R A

I whimpered, stretching my arms and yawned. I sat up and looked at my other side. I saw Sitara, such a great person's face, first thing in the morning. I took her in my arms and held her for a few minutes in my lap. I patted her stomach and rocked her. I stood up with her and walked out of the room.

I placed her in her bed but until then she was awake. She yawned cutely and rubbed her eyes. She grinned when she saw me. I played with her nose and rubbed my face on her stomach. She chuckled and held my cheeks. “Let's get you bathie bathie." She giggled with me.

I gave her a bath and changed her clothes. We went downstairs and she stayed with Aarna maa while I took my bath. “Okay, I am back. What are you playing ?" I sat on the couch. She tossed a doll on my stomach,“What's this ?"

“Let's pway. They are sistews(*sisters)." She took another doll. All of a sudden while we were playing I smelt something weird. Like alcohol or something. I was feeling an urge to throw up. I glanced around holding my nose. I saw Mr. Shekhawat stood a few feet away and watched us. Man was looking like a typical drunkard. He was smelling, few upper buttons were open, messed hair, tired eyes, weak body.

I got up and rushed to the room and puked everything in my stomach. I felt someone holding my hair back and rubbing my back. By the smell I knew who it was. Mr. Shekhawat was looking worried. “Go away and clean yourself. I don't like your smell. Yuck. You stink. GO." I dashed out. I took a breath of relief.

Aarna maa informed me about breakfast. I went out, I saw Rishab. I smiled at his direction. He hugged me,“Hey, How are you ?"

“I am okay, thank you." I awkwardly said. I took my place at the dining table. “He will have breakfast with us ?" Mr. Shekhawat questioned. No, gonna dance with us. Duh! Of course, he's gonna have breakfast. Did he have any problem with it?

“Yeah." Aarna maa chuckled.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1050
Published: 10 Mar 2022

Please Vote

Comment

Please vote and comment, I request. It helps me to write early and promptly.

Share

Writer,
Pratibha