1

"GRAYSON!" I yelled.
"Mrs.Palmer that is not a tone you want in here now is it?"
"N-no mrs.reynolds my apologies." Grayson was laughing as there was paint dripping down my white blouse. Note to self: pray that Grayson is not in my stage craft class next year.
"Sorry Dan. Thought it would make you POP! More!" He said still cracking up. "Here- I'll help you." He said shrugging his shoulders. I didn't say a word just glanced like I had just saw a person who murdered someone.
"I hate you." I said under my breath.
"What was that?" He said putting paper towels under the faucet.
I turned around to see a mustard yellow paint can and paintbrush laying on a table. I sneakily grabbed it and poured it all over Graysons head.
"Gotcha!" I said not as amused as Grayson was when he did it to me.
"At least you could've put a nice color! I mean what is this pee yellow?" I turned around to read the label.
"Cacotoo yellow in fact." I chuckled. We both sat at a workbench backstage of our schools theatre where our 5th period class was. Grayson loved the class. I believe it was because of all the girls in it. And sometimes the drama students will come in and practice and head honcho of the acting at this school is Jennifer Morgan who Grayson always point out is a 'stone cold fox'. I just laugh and continue whatever our assignment is for that day.
Me and Grayson? Well our relationship is the types in movies that you think never actually happen. The guy and girl next door neighbors and good old childhood friends. The type that's bedroom windows are right across from each others so we always communicate through the window. Of course usually in those movies the two usually end up together but not me and Grayson. What those movies don't actually know is all the things Grayson does that annoys the living hell out of me. And me and him are happily friends and only that. And besides he is my go to guy when I like someone. And I'm his go to girl.
"Okay $10 bucks when the bell rings you go up to mrs.Reynolds and hug her!" I said.
"No! I have a c in this class and I would like to get it up."
"What? Grayson for once cares about his grades?" I say as if something so extraordinary hit me.
"Haha very funny. But yes. I am." Grayson said brushing my comment off and looking at the stage where drama kids were being..well drama kids.
"Wait, it's Jennifer isn't it? She only dates guys with 'amazing grades' and a 'decent family income'." I said rolling my eyes. "I mean who does that? I'm not going to be embarrassed because I don't make as much as her father. And what gives her the right to tell me how I should see myself. Girls like that just get under me skin you know?" I turn to Grayson to see him staring at little petite Jennifer's ass. I got up took Grayson's phone and began to paint. Grayson went and talked to some of our classmates. When I was almost painting a bush on stage i saw Grayson's phone go off. It was Ethan.
Dwarf👬: you promise you wouldn't tell her! I'm serious dude if she finds out I will kill you.
I opened the phone to see Grayson and Ethan's erased. I bet Grayson deleted them. I wonder who he was talking about.
When the bell rang I gave Grayson his phone and we walked to our 6th period, when suddenly Jennifer came infront of us.
"Hey Grayson! Um Dan is it?"
"Danielle." I said harshly.
"Oh- anyway! My sweet sixteen is coming up this Saturday and i would love! Love! Love! If you would be there!" Grayson was in awe. She gave Grayson an invite then began to walk away.
"But wait! What about Dan?!" He said.
"Oh- well I mean I guess you could come." She said throwing me a ticket then walking away.
"Grayson I told you I didn't like you calling me dan anymore. I'm trying to fit in here! And 'Dan' does not help."
"I'm sorry Danielle it's just- your my little Dan you know. The kid I would play dress up with and sing Taylor swift too. I felt like our gender roles were switched as we were kids." He said laughing. I started to too. He put his arm around me and we continued to walk.
"ETHAN!" I yelled running to hug my other best friend. Me and Ethan's relasionship was different. I mean I can consider me and Ethan closer sometimes, but lately it gets awkward. I don't know. It happens a lot. Me and Ethan hang out like everyday then something happens and we like stop talking for short periods of time. But Ethan is like my diary. Everything I need to let out I tell him. And he does the same. Right now me and him are on a point where we've been distant and when we hang out at family functions I'm with Grayson a lot more. Oh yea! Your all probably wondering how we met. Well- when we moved here I was 4 and the boys were 2 months younger then me. I was born October 24th 1999.
"Dani! How have you been since last period?" He said joking.
"Great. Except the obvious." I pulled back to show him the full effect of Grayson's terrorizing scene he caused me.
"Wow, is it bad to say I like the look?"
I nudged him and smiled. We all continued to walk.
None of us had this class together so we all parted separate ways. My next class was journalism. I've been working on the paper. Only freshman who has. I had the skills, I was recommend by lead senior Derek. Who is also so dreamy.
"Hey! Danielle! Can we get the copy of 'goddess around world histories.?"
"Sure thing Derek it will be on your desk by the end of the period!" I said staring into his eyes.
This is going to the longest best school year ever.