18

It's been the whole weekend and Ethan still hasn't answered my calls. I didn't want to call Grayson either. It just didn't seem like a good thing to do. I anted to go over but I knew he wouldn't want to see me. I tried explaining and if he can't see my side then I can't see his. It's whatever now. I'm done worrying.
On Monday I went to second to see Ethan sitting at his desk. I walked right past him. His eyes trailing me. I sat down and got out my notebook. Class began.

After second a guy named Bryan walked up to me.
"Hey Danielle, I just wanted to say that I heard you were in grease and i can't wait to go see it!"
"Um, thanks?" I said surprised.
"I actually just said that so I had a way to talk to you." I realized what this was.
"Well if you don't mind tell Ethan this little game won't work I'm not stupid."
I knew Ethan asked Bryan to flirt with me so he could see if I'm loyal. I'm not a fucking game. Oh it's war now.
Bryan silently walked away knowing his plan didn't work. I walked out knowing Ethan was at the door.
"Don't pull that shit again. Here me?" I told him walking away angrily.

In third a classmate I rarely talked to came up to me.
"Hey Danielle, okay so I know your pretty tight with Grayson and I- well I was wondering if you could maybe talk to him about me?"
"Um- I rarely talk to you? So what makes you think that little thing you played will work?"
Shit I remembers my plan. To make friends other then Ethan and Grayson.
"Wait Sonia- I'm- I'm sorry, I'm having a rough day. Yeah of course I will help you out. I mean Grayson has been talking about girls a lot lately, pretty sure he really needs a girlfriend." I said smiling.
"Thanks s'much! I haven't spoken to him since like 5th grade. I'm just hella scared."
She legit used hella in a sentence. I just can't.
I went to 5th with the mindset of telling mrs.reynolds I did not want to play sandy. She didn't listen. "It's already done" and "people are already almost fully memorized. I just rolled my eyes.
"Hey gray." I said sitting next to him.
"Heyyy...." He said a little offbeat.
"What have I missed on Ethan's soap opera of a life?"
"Our grams is in the hospital."
"Nana?!" I said. Grayson nodded. "Shit why didn't you guys call me?!" I got up. "GRAYSON WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME?" I could see a tear in Grayson's emotionless face. "Why?" I said about to cry. I say down and put my head in my hands and began to cry.
Grandma dolan meant so much to me. I don't have any grandparents. My mothers mom died when I was 3 and father died when I was 6 from missing his wife so much. Loneliness. My fathers parents died when my dad was 18 from a plane crash. Nana Dolan was my nana. She was the only one I had. I was as close as the twins were.
I felt Grayson rub my back.
"Can I go with you to see her?" I said through my tears.
"Yes of course. We're leaving in Wednesday. That way we only miss Thursday school because Friday is teacher trainings."
"Gray is she going to be okay?"
"Well... No."
"God." I said putting my head on his shoulder and crying. Most of the kids were backstage.
"Stage 4 stomach cancer. There's nothing we can do. It's to late. To fucking late." I heard Grayson letting out tears.
"Is Ethan still mad? At Us?" i asked.
"Well not over the weekend. He just needed a break. He said he would talk to you in second. But looks like that didn't happen."
"I really need to talk to him gray. stall for me."
"as always. But if this couple stuff ever gets in the way, I- I don't know what I would do. It wouldn't be good though."
"I know. But nothing will happen to us. We're a pact. Me and you best friends forever. Remember?"
"Yes. Best memory of my life."
"Mine too." I smiled and hugged him.
I sneakily got out the doors of the drama room and made my way to the football field. Ethan had Pe so I knew he would be out there.
When I got to the football field the class was running the mile. I hurriedly found Ethan and began to run the track to catch up. Coach Kundera doesn't care as long as your doing something.
When I caught up to Ethan I scared him.
"Hey-"
"What? I don't want to here you complain about what I did today."
"No no- I came...to...apologize." I said running out of breath from running.
"Dani, I get this whole thing has you on edge. I know you have at least some feelings for Grayson, and I don't want to be a choice for you. I want you to only want me. And I don't see it happening."
"Ethan?! What are you talking about?!" I said stopping. He saw I stopped and walked back towards me.
"I don't want to be a choice. I'm sick of me being a choice to people. I'm sick of it being Ethan and Grayson. I want Ethan or Grayson. I just can't dani. I don't think we will work. And a little part inside of me knew it, but didn't want to admit it."
"Ethan I-"
"I got to go dani I'm trying to beat my last time. I've lost about 39 seconds. He ran away.
"I DONT EVEN LIKE GRAYSON THOUGH!!!!" I knew he heard me. I then got a text from Grayson: Reynolds found out you headed out. Hurry dude. She might call security to 'find' you."
Of course. On all days. It was today.

---------------
If I ever had a day like this I would cry my eyes out. This day I wouldn't even wish on my worse enemy.