40 finale

"Your moving?!" I yelled at Ethan who was in my bedroom late at night.
"Dani, calm. Let me explain." Ethan rubbed my back.
"Don't touch me!" I yelled. "Now explain." I said. I began to sit on my bed.
"Me and Grayson got a deal with this new company and we're moving. But only for the summer."
"Ethan that's a whole summer." I said getting sad.
"Hey, there's always FaceTime, and we have phones now. It's not like we have to send letters or anything." Ethan said trying to comfort me."
"Ethan long distance doesn't work for me." I said. "And I know it won't work with you."
"I know." Ethan said defeated sitting on my bed.
"Well fuck." I said leaning back. "You know, what happened to wherever we go, you will too? Huh?" I yelled.
"Dani, you getting mad for any reason isn't going to help." I sighed realizing he's right.
"This can't be happening." I said looking to the floor.
"I know, but it's okay. I will be back in no time. Only 3 months."
"Ethan we've barely been dating in three months. And you know how much happened in those three months." I explained.
"We will make this work." Ethan said looking in my eyes. "I promise." He said grabbing my hands and kissing them.
"I hope." I said leaning against him.
"And hey! Me and Grayson don't have to leave until Thursday!" Ethan said trying to cheer me up.
"Thursday? Your leaving in 3 days?!" Dani said starting to cry.
"Dani, please don't do this for me. This is amazing for me. For us!" He said gesturing he meant Grayson. I sighed.
"I'm happy for you." I said pulling my tears in and putting on a fake smile. He hugged me.
"Only 3 months." He said kissing me goodbye.

Only 3 months. Only 3 months. It kept playing over and over in my head every time I thought about it.

I went and hung out with Grayson the next day just me and him to talk about the move, which might help me get some understanding. when I went over Ethan thought I came to see him, which was awkward. But I finally got to talk to Grayson alone.
"So? Are you okay with it all?" Grayson asked sitting on the sofa.
"Not one bit." I said sitting next to him. "Do you have to go?" I asked.
"Well yes." He replied.
"So... How is Ethan taking it?" I asked.
"Horribly. You should see his suitcase. It's full of memorabilia of you and him. It makes me sick." I laughed a little.
"I know it makes you sad, it makes me happy to know that though." I replied a little more relieved.
"I know... That's why I told you." Grayson said nudging me.
"God what am I going to do with ought you gray? What am I going to do for a whole summer?" I asked.
"Well, if you think your sad, I'm 10x worste. We are enceperable. Remember?" Grayson said. I laughed.
"I just don't want to loose you." I said worried.
"We will never loose eachother. I promise."
"Okay." I said intwining Grayson's hands with mine. He looked at me and smiled. I leaned on him and we sat there in silence.

*one week later*
It was the last day of school, and tomorrow the boys were leaving. It was my last full day with them.
I walked into second after saying goodbye to people in my first.
I ran and hugged Ethan from behind. I was about to let out a tear, but I didn't.
"Hi." He said quietly hugging me back.
"Hi." I said quietly as well. I sat next to him, since it was the last day of school, and everyone say everywhere.
"So- have you packed?" I asked.
"Yep, finished last night." He said smiling.
"Oh. So it's all over."
"I'm not sure what you mean by that." Ethan said.
"Nothing never mind." I replied.
"Okay Dan, can we not do this. Let's act like I'm not going anywhere. Please." He said. I nodded in agreement. "So- are you relieved you don't have to come back again?" He asked. At that point I just began to cry. He grabbed me and pulled me in.
"Ethan I can't look at you without crying." I said.
"I'm holding in my tears too dani." He said. I looked at him.
"It's not fair. To either of us. This will be the longest we will be away from each other.
"I get that. But do you want me to call of the trip, and not grow?" I asked.
"No! And you know that!" I said.
"Then just let me leave!" He said. "I wouldn't go if it wasn't doing it for our personal gain."
"Ethan I want you to go, I'm just so afraid if we loose each other because long distant doesn't work."
"I get that, and worse comes to worse, we put our relationship on a hold." Ethan said. It made more sense then keeping it long distance. I nodded in agreement.
"We will be fine." He said.
"Okay." I replied.