3

The next day at school Ethan showed up to 2nd period late. I looked at him while he walked in and sat at his assigned seat which was about 3 desks down from mine. He turned to see me and turned back. I just put my hoodie on my head and sunk into my chair. I had one other really good friend. Her name was brook crowly. Really red hair. A nice curvy body and freckles. Everyone calls her Wendy. I think it's stereotypical and rude but whatever. Grayson and Ethan know of her but really never talk to her. Only when I'm around. she was also in my class.
"Hey." She whispered since the teacher was giving a lesson.
"Hi." I said a little rude.
"What's up with Ethan? He's never late?" She asked.
"I don't know Brooke, why don't you ask him yourself?" I stated quietly. She looked at me and gasped. Then turned away and started to take notes. After class I rushed out so I wouldn't have to talk to Ethan.

When I went to 5th I went and sat at the workbench after I told mrs.Reynolds. As soon as grayson walked in he ran up to me.
"What the hell?" He asked.
"I just looked at him."
"Well? What happened yesterday?" He asked again.
"Nothing why do you ask?" I say.
"Well obviously something, right after you left Ethan came running down looking for you. Then when I told him you had left the rest of the night he was silence. And I texted you like 15 times."
"Gray, nothing's wrong." I replied.
"Spill it or I will spill what happened last summer." No no no. Not that. Anything but that.
"Okay, I saw Ethan's wewe." I replied.
"So?? Dude we took baths when we're little all the time. It didn't do anything then did it?"
"Grayson that was 11 years ago. And like there's things called puberty, and well it did stuff." I said really quietly. He laughed.
"Dani, are you serious. I mean just talk to him. I know you didn't in 2nd."
"How do you know that?"
"Because he ran up to me in 4th and told me that he doesn't know what's going on." He replied.
"I will talk to him."
"Okay, good now let's paint?"
"As long as your devil inside does not do what you did yesterday."
"Promise." Grayson chuckled.

At Lunch I went with Grayson and we met up with Ethan like we do everyday.
"Oh, bro I got to go finish a Chen lab in mrs.forens class. Gotta go. See you guys after school?"
"Um... Sure?" Ethan said confused.
"I put my hands in the air and made hand gestures like wtf are you doing?
"Hey..." I said.
"Hi." Ethan said.
"Can we talk, because Ethan I hate this. And I know I really hate it because it's only been a day, and I miss talking to you."
"I missed talking to you, but u tried everything to get in touch and you completely ignored me. what was I going to do?"
"I don't know. I mean it's not even a big deal right? it's not like we haven't seen those things before right? Not exactly on that person but-"
"Okay I'm going to stop you right there." He said laughing."it was an accident. It won't happen again. Now can we kiss and make up?" I smiled and hugged him. "Did Grayson actually have a test."
"I don't think so." I said laughing.

After school came super fast. I was in the front again, and Grayson was in the back.
"I'm going to take us to frozen yogurt okay?"
"Ewwww!" Grayson yelled like a little 13 year old. I laughed.
"Okay." I replied.

When we arrived at the yogurt Stand I saw a familiar face. "Brooke?" I asked Ethan.
"Yep just wait." He replied. Me and Grayson were confused, until my heart stopped. Ethan went to Brooke turned her around and kissed her. Then I knew that's why it's been so weird lately. I had caught feelings for Ethan. My best friend.