4

"Hi guys!" Brooke said.
"Brooke..hi?" Grayson said.
"What's up?" I said. I was speechless. Brooke is the nicest girl ever and I'm super happy she has a guy. But not Ethan. Not Ethan.
"So?" Ethan said. Me and Grayson looked at each other. We made little noises like yea-yay ish.
"Oh? You don't think this is a good idea?" Brooke asked.
"No- no I think it's an amazing idea!" I said almost yelling. Everyone looked at me. "Let's go get some frozen yogurt?" I said. When we went inside a friend of mine was working at the counter. When they were all filling up there yogurt cups I went over to him.
"Chase, I need your help." I said.
"Sure thing Danielle, what's up?" He said.
"I need you to flirt with me. Hardcore. Noticeable."
"Um... Why?"
"I'll tell you tomorrow okay?"
"I guess." He said.
"Okay thanks!" I ran back to the group next to Grayson who was pouring frozen yogurt in his bowl.
"Opinions?" He said
"I hate it. I mean like that's both my best friends and-"
"I'm talking about flavors, but since that's on your mind what's up?"
"Nothing, I think raspberry is good." I said smiling and pouring me some banana frozen yogurt. Grayson didn't say anything after that. When we went to pay Ethan and Brooke we behind me and Grayson. Grayson payed for me. And I have him gas money.
"Danielle?!" Chase said.
"Chase, hey!" I said acting like I didn't see him before.
"I would come and hug you but then they would think I'm giving free froyo." He said. Grayson looked at me confused then saw me looking at Ethan who wasn't paying attention.
"That's okay, I don't think the cameras will mind one hug?" I hinted to chase.
"Okay..." He laughed and came from behind the counter to hug me. I got Ethan's attention finally. He was watching me fully. I knew It was the only chance I got so I turned chases head and kissed him. Grayson dropped his jaw. and Ethan was shocked. brooke finally looked and dropped her frozen yogurt bowl. I left the kiss. Chases eyes were closed but mine were not.
"I'm sorry" I whispered.
"It's okay."he said smiling.
"Okay, ring us up, dude." Grayson said. And so chase did. And we all went and sat down. I was quite most of the time until Ethan said something that got under my skin. Grayson had asked how long they have been talking, and he replied-
"Well we only really started talking last week. But today she ran up to me. She could tell I was mad and that's when I asked If she would like to be my girlfriend. It was really something. Something just hit me- like, someone who I don't see barely knew I was sad more then a lot of people do." I just say there. Holding back my anger and swirling my froyo in my cup.
"May I be excused from this little date thing?" I asked.
"Of course." Brooke said.
"Yea I've been needing the bathroom too." Grayson said. We both walked to the back of the shop. It was then when I broke down into tears.
"Grayson, I don't know what to do." I said holding back angry tears. "He directed that comment at me and you know it." I told him.
"I know. But I just need to know something... Do you like Ethan?" He asked.
"I don't know. I didn't on the way here, well I think I did- but like- I didn't know it until he kissed Brooke." I started to cry.
"I don't know what's happening to us." He hugged me tight.
"Can I tell you something?" He asked. I nodded in his chest. "You guys have been awkward since last year. And I know ethan liked you."
"Really? why didn't I know?"
"I told him not too. We've known you since we were 4 and I never wanted anything awkward." He replied. I let go of his hug.
"I know that if you wouldn't, I wouldn't know what to say, I don't think I have known something was up that long ago. But I do now and I don't know what to do."
"I'm sorry to say this dani, but he has so much passion to you. You never excepted it. You would play it off like it didn't happen. I think he gave up."
"But I didn't know! I didn't!" I quietly yelled.
"Calm. We will figure this out."
"Okay, but can you ask if I can go home I really don't want to be here." I said hugging Grayson one last time.
"Yea ill drive you home." We came back from our "bathroom" break and sat down. "hey Ethan, I'm feeling really sick. I think I'm going to head home, Grayson said he would take me. Is that cool."
"No- let me. it's the right thing to do, and I also need to explain some things, me and Brooke have been talking about." oh great I thought.
"No- no, it's okay, you have a date. It's easier if Grayson took me." I replied.
"Sorry it's already decided." He got the car Keyes out of his pants and walked to the car. I got up turned to Grayson and shrugged my shoulders in confusion.
"Why didn't you say anything." I said angrily.
"Dan? You coming?"
"Um- ye-yea." I said turning around and walking towards Ethan who was holding the door open for me. When I got in the car I was as close to the door as I could.
"So- what is your opinion. Because I know you have one." I was looking out the window, getting squeamish.
"I- I love Brooke, an I love you, it's just- I'm just so-" I saw him, and he was genuinely happy, and I haven't seen him that happy in a while. "I'm so... Happy for you."
"You mean it?" He said looking at me.
"Yea! oh gosh, and Brooke is such a great person." I said. Why the hell am I saying this.
"Thank you. I was worried you hated it. I mean if you did I would completely understand but, man I'm so happy."
"Yea?" I said turning to the window again regretting everything. When we drove up to my house I said goodbye to Ethan then ran straight to my room. I was devastated.