Let Him Heal

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

Its been a week.

I've gone through surgery, I've healed. Elora and Lorenzo came back from Hogwarts, two weeks leave because of a family crisis.

I've been by myself.

By myself with all my thoughts, all the thoughts that blamed all of this on me. Every waking moment, I spent trying to collect myself, trying to collect him.

Draco.

He's hasn't left his study in those two weeks. He won't eat, he won't speak to me or his kids, he's just... gone.

I stop by everyday, dropping his meals and drinks by the door but as I come through with fresh supplies, the old ones stay there untouched.

But I can't blame him. No matter what type of person Scorpius was, he is still Draco's son... well, was Draco's son. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling, the thought of loosing either one of my children haunted me every single day.

Kehlani had stopped by a few times, checking up on me and making sure I was ok. I always told her that I was fine but really, I wasn't fine and part of me thinks that she knew that but also knows that all I need is space right now.

Space to think, space to heal.

We all do.

She told me about Crystal. That was the only thing that's managed to put a smile on my face so far and even that didn't last long. It made me feel slightly at ease to know that she was being taken care of but I had too much on my plate to ponder too much.

It was currently just after lunch time, maybe 1:30 pm and I sat in the living room, nothing but an empty cup in my hand, still warm from the previous hot tea I'd drank and nothing on my mind except for Draco.

"Are you alright mum?" I looked to my left slowly and gave a small smile.

"I'm fine, darling" I said quietly "I'm ok, now"

She huffed softly and sat down on the couch next to me. I placed my cup on the table in front of me before leaning aside and pulling her into my arms.

"Is dad ok?" She asked, lacing her head in mine while my other tan itself gently through her hair.

"He will be" I answered "It may take a while and he'll probably never be the same but he'll be ok"

"I-" she breathed out, a small tint of hesitation in her voice but she continued nonetheless "I never really met Uncle Scorpius but... but part of me feels like he wasn't meant to die. It all feels wrong and I-I know he wasn't a good person and all that he did but somethings off. I feel horrible for even being upset about him"

I let out a small tired chuckle "Yeah. That's how grieving feels, sweetheart. You think and the more you think, the more that person sounds not all that bad. I'm not gonna say Scorpius deserved this because merlin knows, no one deserves what he suffered but it's difficult to wrap your head around something bad happening to the person who treated you so poorly"

"How do you mean?"

"It's...it's almost like you don't know how to feel. Like, you don't know whether to be happy that, that person is now suffering just like you did or upset because you know how it feels and it's truly no way for someone to live...or die. The one thing I want you and your brother to know, Elora... is that it's ok to be upset with something upsetting, no matter what. It's even ok to be ok about it, I want you to know that however you're feeling, is good. Don't bottle it up" 

"I miss dad" she sighed "I want him to eat dinner with us again. It's Strange not hearing his inappropriate dad jokes over the table or seeing his irritated glare when I mention a boy"