Idol's Ambition

After school

Yui and Laala walked back to their dorms together having a fun conversation and catching up about their day. The two roommates have grown closer as time went by.

"Oh yeah, Yui?" Laala started another topic, "How is your Making Drama going?"

"Etto," Yui tried to explain her situation, "It's finished, it's just missing something. Yume knows what."

"Hmm, I wonder," Laala thought up to find advice for her friend, "Oh yeah, do you want to check out WITH's concert?"

Laala has been curious about WITH ever since the conversation she had with her friends at recess. Her friends' enthusiasm about the subject made her want to see how great WITH is in person.

"Yume! Why are you interested in them all of a sudden?" Yui complained, "No way I will see that baka perform!"

"Don't be like that, maybe you'll find what your Making Drama is lacking," Laala tried to reason with her, "You can learn a lot from your rival, you know. Plus, I will give you some delicious seasoning for your rice," Lala bribed Yui with a sneaky smile.

"I will go wherever you say, mam," Yui said obediently, raising her hand as a sign of her giving in to the bribe.

The girls laughed at each other when their conversation was interrupted by the principal and the disciplinarian committee. They appeared to be waiting for them.

"You two! You've not ventured to that PriPara, have you?" The principal held her broom toward the two friends. Her words sent shivers to the girls, "Because if you do, you'll be weeding the entire Paparajuku itself!"

"Yes, we fully understand!" Yui and Laala ran.

"Principal Babaria?" Laala stopped and turned around to the principal. Her fist was clenched, stirring up all the courage she had. She was so tired of having to live with this rule again, "Why aren't girls allowed to go to PriPara?"

"Oh? Are you saying you went to PriPara?" Mimiko smiled as she put her hand behind her ears. She could feel her pride rising as she loved to expose these girls who defied the rules.

"I went to Parajuku's PriPara before I transferred here," Laala replied with a strong tone, "And let me tell you: a great percentage of the girls who went to PriPara is doing a remarkable job on their school work - it even showed an increase to their grades. That's why I'm confused, why are you against girls going to PriPara."

"Girls going to PriPara are saying that they want to become an Idol. A female idol is inappropriate. The female students of our school shall focus on their studies and aspirations. But, if you are talking about Yumekawa-san's last punishment, it was because of her lack of concentration in class. She needs to focus on her school, ambition, and--"

"What ambition?!" Laala cut her sentence, "Yui's dream is to become an Idol since she was a kid. Seeing her work hard and do her best to achieve it every day made me smile and motivated me to do the same! But you crushed it when you said girls are not allowed to go to PriPara," the principal and the committee were taken aback by Laala's words, "Have you seen her perform? She was having the best time of her life! And you were willing to take that away from her only because of your idea of propriety," the principal seemed to want to talk back, but the words were caught in her mouth. So, Laala continued, "At least, come to PriPara and see her perform. Then, you'll see what I'm talking about," Laala bowed, then walked away, catching up to Yui who was waiting and hearing all that had just gone down.

Principal Ookandagawa Babaria and the disciplinarian committee were left speechless. Mimiko gritted her teeth as she didn't like what had been thrown at her.

"So are you in?" Laala asked when she reached Yui, continuing their previous conversation as they walked.

"Sure, but I don't like it," Yui pouted.

Laala giggled, "Okay, we should put our stuff back to the dorm first. Then we can ask the Sheep Squad to help us."

"Haii," Yui replied impassively. She turned to Laala, thinking about what just happened, "Ne, Laala?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you yume-mean it when you said all those things about me: I motivated you and made you smile?" Yui asked.

"Of course!" Laala smiled, "Why? You don't believe me?"

"I guess when people say that I can't become an idol, a small part of me believe it," Yui gave a small smile

Laala stopped. She grabbed Yui's shoulder and gave her a determined look, "Yui, don't ever let those words get to you. Your dreams are the ones that make you strong and resolute! You have this amazing, idol power in you: giving people hope. So don't ever lose it!"

Yui's eyes sparkled in her daydream state. It teared up after what her roommate said. She used to feel so lonely when she's obsessing about PriPara alone. Sometimes, people are fed up with her delusions, even her close classmates. But fate led her to an amazing best friend that would love her for who she is and her delusions. Yui hugged Laala with so much joy and gratitude, "Arigatou, Laala!"

Laala returned the gesture while hiding a sad smile behind her.

Little did they know the head disciplinarian was eavesdropping from their first conversation until they arrived at their dorm. Soon after, she reported what she heard to the principal and was instructed to prevent the two best friends from doing what they were planning.