Alternate Ending

A/N - I mention somewhere in the past chapter's comment that I had another version of the ending. For those who are curious, here it is ^^

"And if you win?" Yui asked, "What then?"

Mana was silent before turning with a forceful smile, "I get a chance to try harder to fix everything, and they don't need to know about this."

~~~

Laala opened her eyes. She was greeted with a breathtaking view of the vibrant and bustling PriPara from the rooftop of the town building. The calming air blew her pink ribbon gently in between her swaying twin tails. She inhaled deeply, feeling the moistness of her tear-stained cheeks and the weight of exhaustion in her swollen eyes.

She couldn't believe it.

Clasping her hand to her face, she laughed dryly at the impossible fact — she's back. She got her second chance. She—

Her heart ached. She left her new friends behind.

She closed her eyes, letting a tear replace the course of the previous stream.

That rule. In the end, it will always be one way or the other.

A faint commotion could suddenly be heard climbing up the roof. Her eyes widened at the twin heads, and the dark purple hair.

"Okay, fine!" the blue hair was getting dragged by the two until she spotted Laala, "Oh, she really is crying."

"Dressing Pafe-san?" Laala's brow furrowed before quickly wiping her tears.

"Hey, we have something to tell you," Shion said, getting closer to her.

Laala stood up and gulped, preparing for another insult.

"We apologize for how we acted."

"Eh?"

Leona nudged Dorothy, "Mo, didn't you hear us? We said we're sorry!" she said, "We should've considered your feelings more and stuff."

"Hope you can forgive us," Leona added

Laala was agape by what she heard. How laughable. If she held on a little bit longer the first time. She wouldn't need to go through all those things at Avocado Academy.

"Us too," Garumageddon ascended to the roof, "How we acted towards you, it created an imbalance on the scale of the judgment day, therefore we apologize."

"Ha," Laala laughed dryly. If she could've held on a little bit longer, she wouldn't need to go through all that with her new friends. She wouldn't need to rope her friends into her mess. How ridiculous she felt.

"Can you forgive us?" Leona asked.

Laala looked down to the ground, "I don't know." After everything they did to her. Is it even possible? "Maybe?"

Shion nodded understandingly, "That's good enough."

"Laala," Garuru called, "I'm not sure if this is the best time, but we also has a surprise for you-garu."

Laala tilted her head.

Garuru walked to the edge of the roof, looking down as Laala followed her doing the same. Laala's eyes widened.

Her teammates were down in front of the shops, greeting her with a smile. Though in this time it has been at least eight months since they have seen each other, but for Laala it was a few hours ago, when they put her on the spot to defeat their performance. Mirei waved her hand as Sophie smiled. They're back!