A Blast from the Past 1

"Ja, Yui, see you later," Laala waved to Yui as they both reached the point where they have to split up.

"Yume-bye-bye," Yui waved back and turned her heels to the field, "Yume, I wish I'm in middle school so I wouldn't need to do an opening ceremony every Monday morning."

Class 7B

"Hey, did you hear?" Hana started, "The elementary got some new transfer students from Parajuku."

"Eh, really?" replied Suzu, "Ne, Laala do you think you might know them?"

"Gee, not sure," she put her pointer finger on her chin, "But considering there are more than a dozen students in every school from Parajuku, I might know them."

"Haha, yeah you're right"

Time skip - Afterschool

Laala decided to look for Yui since she didn't see her at lunch. Actually, she didn't see Yui and her friends at lunch. She strolled around the hallway to find a familiar face.

"Michiru-chan!"

Michiru stumbled upon Laala's loud voice, "Ah, Laala-san."

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?" Laala helped her to get on her feet, "Is something wrong with your shoulder?"

"No, yes, no," Michiru stuttered, then took a deep breath before continuing, "My right shoulder is always heavy. It causes me to trip over nothing, and make me look like I'm all over the place."

"I'm sorry to hear that, is that why you're going to the library? To find out what it is?"

"Yes," Michiru opened the library door, "By the way, did you want to see me?" she asked, but then turned nervous, "If you have a favor I think it's best if you ask someone else. I would only be a trouble for you, there's no way I could help you- no way, no way--"

"No, don't worry," Laala calmed her down, "I wanted to ask where Yui is."

"Oh, she went with the new students somewhere. Ah, there it is!" she said after finding her book. She tried to reach for it but found it hard to do so, thus making her anxious again.

"Um, Michiru-chan I could help with-," before Laala could finish the sentence, Michiru fell to the ground with the book hitting her head, "Michiru-chan, are you okay?"

"Behold!" A voice was heard from ahead making the two look in the voice's direction, "The New Light Devil Club has materialized from the infernal realm!"

Laala widened her eyes, frozen to the place. "No, it can't be. What are they doing here? Why are they here? I thought that--" fear rosed in her blood, "Wait, is that? Oh, Yui!"

"The devil has come and this club opened with her advent! And before you, are all 666 volumes of the new revelatory grimoire Aroma!"

"Amazing!" Yui replied, "Most normal people wouldn't dream of doing something like this, but the effort that'd take is like something out of a dream! Aroma-chan, could you read something!"

"Very well, let us read from volume 4, chapter 1."

"No, no, I can't do this, I'm not ready,"

While Michiru was enraptured by the moment, Laala stepped back quietly to escape back to her dorm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop it, stop it! It's not their fault!" Laala told herself while gripping her head, "But, did they have to be like that? Did they all have to be like that?"

Laala sat on her bed, hugging her pillow which was between her chest and thighs. She buried her face in it that was stained with tears. It was not their fault. But did they all have to turn their back like that when she really needed someone?

Those painful memories kept replaying in her head, especially in her nightmares. Seeing them, just made the memory more vivid in her wake. Laala shut her eyes hoping that she wouldn't see the distressing scene... but it grew louder.

"Aargh, STOP IT!" She shouted, hands on her head and fingers digging through her hair.

She went down from her bed and made her way to the balcony. She took a deep breath of the evening air and put her hands on the fence. Her head started to be quiet. Her chest steadily took some air in then out. Her eyelids were a bit heavy after letting out some tears.

Laala opened her mouth and whispered to herself, "Come on, Laala, you're deleted from the system and no one remembers you because of it. That means they don't either." Laala took a deep, shaky breath, "You came here for a new start. Maybe that means with them too."

A gentle breeze blew on Laala's face as if it was telling her it was going to be okay. She smiled as her pigtails danced with the wind. She closed her eyes as she relished the sensation that hit her. Her tears were already dried by the cold evening air. Her chest is now calm and warm.

Moments later, Yui came in, "Tadaima!"

"Okaeri," Laala closed the balcony door, "Where were you?"

"Yume, gomen, I forgot to invite you to come to PriPara with me."

She figured, "It's okay, I have tons of homework anyway."

"Hehe, must yume-suck."

"Gee thanks, now you have to pay me back by telling me what happened."

"Yume, take a seat," Yui gestured her hand to the cushion, "So, have you heard about the new transfer students? Turns out their Aromageddon from Parajuku! Wait, Garuru is here too, but not here, she's in PriPara--"

"Okay, I get it," Laala said, "So, do you know why they're here?"

"Oh, they're banned from Parajuku PriPara since they destroyed it, which is yume-unbelievable," she whined, "So our principal's cousin transferred them here."

"I see," Laala nodded her head, "So, they're going to be here for a while."

"Yume, and I'm worried about Michiru."

"Eh, why?"

"Well, Aroma just claimed her to be her demonlet. Like a servant? And knowing Michiru--"

"Yeah, that will be something."

"Yume...."