Too Much Help

You noticed how Irelia seems to be frozen so you went in between the two hoping she wouldn't collapse. You could see how her eyes widened making you clench your lips shut as you looked at Septh.

Septh gestured his head to the side of the porch before walking so you followed. Arriving to a secure place where Irelia couldn't hear you, he placed his right hand to your shoulder and let out a long tired sigh.

"Y/N, I know you want to grow but...having a family this early isn't something we would let you do," Septh said making a vein bulge above your left eyebrow. You sighed to reduce this annoying feeling and looked at back at the guy and feeling confident you wouldn't be heard by anyone else, you replied.

"Look, I'm not trying to get there. I just helped her out since she was bullied a while ago. Some punk dumped water on the window and I knew it was on purpose. I just had to help her," Y/N said and Septh flinched before rubbing his right arm to his chin. After a good ten seconds of silence Septh sighed a short one this time.

"I'm glad," Septh said and you could feel his relief as he stood straight with his shoulders slumped.

"Look I'm sorry for not informing you but I was about to bring her back at her house. Also she's actually a fan of yours," Y/N whispered making Septh flinch. He tapped his chin with his right index finger and shrugged as he turned around and headed towards the door. You followed him and was curious why the expression.

Irelia was still at the door trying to process what just happened. She was looking directly at the street but she wasn't really focused to her eyes until a dark shirt covered up the scenery. This did force her focus back and saw how Septh was looking at her with a smile.

"I'm Septhis L/N. Its a pleasure to meet you," Septh said calmly with his deep voice making Irelia flinch. Septh reached his right hand for a shake and Irelia looked at him anxiously.

"I-Im Xan I-Irelia," Irelia replied nervously as she shook their arms. Inside her mind was like a child jumping with joy when she still can't believe she'd actually get this close to the man himself.

Septh on the other hand was surprised at the name when he raised his head a little. You were just observing from the sides since...well you don't see the need to even be here unless the girl's gonna faint.

"Didn't think that you'd grow up so fast, time sure flies by so fast," Septh replied and patted Irelia in the head with his right palm. Irelia was surprised about this but she didn't hate the feeling on her head.

"D-do you remember me sir Septhis?" Irelia asked and Septh smiled.

"We should talk inside," Septh replied. Irelia flinched when she realized she was in the way so made way for them to enter. You gestured your right hand to Irelia so she should follow Septh in the living room. Irelia nodded carefully and walked behind Septh while you closed the door behind you.

Septh already pulled out his phone and was swiping until he finally found a picture so he stopped. Irelia stopped along and she was curious if Septh could still remember her.

He turned around and showed her a picture of a smiling child. Septh was there kneeling with his left knee but he was much more younger and leaner while his clothes was only a dark brown robe. His right hand was patting the child in the head who had a wide smile with her eyes closed. She was wearing a simple white dress and was holding a tennis ball but Irelia just focused in the background.

That gate...she remembers it all too well. The girl in the picture was someone she knew when it's actually her. A child with dark blue hair as the sun reflected on it and those smile. Irelia wondered if she really changed when she felt like smiling so carefree like that was hard to do. She could only shrug the thought away knowing there's no point in questioning these things.