*°•♪𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶𝓃 𝒪𝓃𝒾 🎄

Heyo! So this one is just a little bonus scenario, a oneshot if you will. I'm not even sure if Christmas is genuinely a thing in the Genshin universe, is it? Whatever. I'm the author so I make the rules :P

Without further ado, please enjoy this (non-canon) oneshot! Disclaimer: It's a lengthy one. Apologies.

=========

"C'mon, Shortie! We're gonna miss out on everything!" He was practically bouncing on the spot as he waited for me to catch up. "Hold on, dammit. Why're you so excited anyway?" I asked as I adjusted my gloves and tugged on my boots.

"It's Christmas! Of course I'm excited! Look at how lively the streets are! How are you not excited?"

He made plans with me without telling me what said plans were.

"Whoa hold on." He stopped me abruptly before we could walk further. "What now?" I shot him a glare. "It's probably gonna snow later, didn't you bring something warmer?" He asked as he stuffed his bare hands in his pockets, his breath gave off vapour in the cold air.

I might've forgotten. I wasn't used to the cold climate of Winter yet. "I'll be fine. Can we just go?" He raised a finger to shush me and began to unwrap his own scarf. "Can't have you freezing! My conscience won't allow it!"

I tried to swat his hands away but he was too quick. He had already wrapped the scarf around me and all I could do was glare at him. "Thanks..." My voice came out as a muffle and I adjusted it so that my mouth was visible.

"Let's just go." I said grumpily and walked ahead. "Hold up! I'm the one leading this operation, remember?" He said as he hurried his steps to walk in front of me.

"Right. So where are you leading us, Leader?" I questioned sarcastically. "Hehe. You'll see! It's a surprise!" He grinned with his eyes closed and slowed down to walk beside me.

"I don't like the sound of that... But whatever, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt."
"There ya go! It's easier to just go with the flow~" He moved his hands as if they were waves and I giggled. "Then going with the flow is what I'll be doing."

The day was quite pleasant, surprisingly. Although, we mostly did stuff we would do any other day. The only difference was that every store or restaurant we went to, had Christmas decor.

But he would reiterate that there was one activity that we would be doing later that will 'blow my mind', whatever that meant. I was a little nervous but curious, too. What could he have planned?

We were walking and talking while holding a dango each. "But she's so amazing! She's sweet, kind, and gives great advice!" I was getting tired of the current topic. I felt acutely angry for some reason when he spoke of this woman who posts stuff on some magazine or something, I wasn't really listening.

"Uh huh." I said with absentmindedly and examined the stall's wares beside me, biting off another piece of dango. "Is something wrong?" He finally noticed my behavior and I shook my head. "Nope. Nothing at all." I flicked the stick into a nearby bin with an uninterested expression.

Itto knew all too well when a woman says something, she means the opposite. "I'm fine." Could mean "I'm furious." Was right now one of those moments?

He grew anxious and gulped. "D-Did I do something...?" He asked as he pointed at himself timidly. "No, you didn't do anything." I reassured him but he still seemed anxious.

"You-" He was cut off as a small child ran smack dab into him. "Ouch! Sorry, Mister!" His eyes widened when his gaze landed on the tall oni in front of him. "Uncle Itto?! Hi!" He excitedly greeted and Arataki seemed to only now register this kid.