ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁷⁰

PRESENT...

I was so surprised to see the two here at the resistance camp. It's been so long that I've completely forgotten about the bet.

"You're the new captain I've been hearing about?" She planted her hands on her hips and smiled pridefully.
   "Yep! We fought in the battle that took place here a few days ago and Sangonomiya decided to make her the captain of her own division! Pretty cool, huh?"
While Paimon bragged about Lumine's achievements, Lumine was staring at her incredulously.

"It is pretty cool. Congrats." I smiled at Lumine and she nodded her head once with a smile of her own. "So I guess I lost the bet." I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly, "You guys got here days before me, it seems, haha..."
"Woohoo! Free food!" Lumine sighed while shaking her head at Paimon.

"I'm just curious about how you went about finding the army. Traveller and Paimon were like sneaky detectives! We went to their bases and eavesdropped on them for information! It was pretty cool! So what did you do?" Paimon asked and I thought about it for a moment.

I went on and recounted the events that lead me to how I got here. As I spoke, their faces contorted into ones of confusion, disbelief, horror and shock.

The two were staring at me in disbelief after I finished. "You fought off Fatui...? And your friend got stabbed!?" Paimon shrieked as she couldn't believe what I had to endure. "A lot more happened but I wouldn't want to bore you with the details." I said with a nonchalant wave of my hand.

"There's more??! Still, it sounds like you went through a lot to get here! Paimon doesn't really want you to buy us food anymore..." Paimon held her head as if the information she gained was too much for her mind to wrap around.

"I appreciate your concern but a bet is a bet. We can talk about that later. So I'm guessing you two joined the army even though Thoma only said to shelter with them? Huh, adventure follows you wherever you go doesn't it?"

Lumine knew I was referring to the Vision Hunt Ceremony. 'If only you knew the half of it.' Lumine thought humourously, recalling all of her adventures up until that point.

"Right now, we're waiting for Teppei to return so we can head over to meet with Sangonomiya. We had time to kill so we thought we'd pay a visit to Gorou." She explained and I nodded slowly in understanding.

'So they know Gorou as well... They wouldn't happen to know my uncle, would they?'

"You said you were going to see Sangonomiya?" Lumine nodded affirmative. "Do you think I could come with? There's a few things I'd like to discuss with her."

'There's still more I needed to know about Uncle Kai that I'm sure Her Excellency would know.'

"I don't see why not? Sure you can." I smiled gratefully, "Thanks. I gotta go find a certain idiot so come find me when you're ready to—"
"SHOR-TAYYY!"
I instantly recognized the loud voice.

Lumine felt a heavy hand placed onto her shoulder from someone behind her and looked over to see a man with red markings and a pair of sharp crimson horns upon his head grinning down at her. "Well well, who do we have here?"

Paimon screeched in fear of her friend and went to smack his arm repeatedly. "L-Leave her alone, you BRUTE!" He looked at the floating child with confusion, completely unfazed by her small fists hitting his bicep.

"Calm down! This is my... friend, that I've been telling you about." Paimon stopped hitting him to look at me, then at him. "Ohhh... Ehehe, sorry." She quickly floated away from him, keeping a safe distance.