ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²²

"Tch. I can't believe I'm doing this... RUN!"

He charged towards the two in front of us and knocked them out of the way, his boys watching in utter shock. "What're you waiting for? Let's move it!"

We all hopped over the two soldiers one by one and made our way down the wooden platform, over the bridge and towards the streets. We avoided every soldier who tried to stop us on the way while my heart pounded as I ran like my life depended on it which it kinda did.

The Tenryou soldiers were on high alert now. They tried to block us off on one street, forcing us to run around them. But in doing so, our group got split. "Meet you at base!" I shouted towards Arataki, Akira and Genta.

Now it was just Mamoru and I.
"Oh no no no!" He was panicking and I hurried to run side by side with him, yanking on his collar to run in a different direction. "Don't stop, just keep going!" I motivated him to keep running and he nodded frantically with wide eyes staring straight ahead.

"Don't worry, I got your back!" I told him and he finally looked at me, speechless. "No you don't!" A soldier was about to jump Mamoru while he was distracted and I moved between them, raising my hand while I slid across the dirt and froze his hand.

No one was more surprised than me that I was able to do that without messing up. I felt pretty cool, actually. I grabbed Mamoru's wrist and encouraged him to get back to running.

"Thanks!" He smiled and I let go.
"Don't thank me yet!"
"No seriously! Thank you! I'm sorry for not believing you were an asset before!"
"It's okay! Let's just focus on getting out of here!"

After zigzagging between soldiers, civilians and buildings, the way out was in sight. "We're almost there!" We were about to escape through the main entrance into the city, where the large sakura tree was, when we saw more soldiers blocking us off.

I stopped abruptly and held my hand out to stop Mamoru, him colliding with it.
"What? Why'd we stop?" He asked, confusion in his tone. "We're completely outnumbered. There's no way the both of us are getting out of here. Mamoru, I'm gonna distract them and you're going to run." I spoke quietly so that they couldn't hear me. There were probably 20 or so waiting for us.

"What?! No way! The Boss'll kill me if something happens to you!" He whispered loudly. "Just shut up and do as I say!" I snapped and he flinched at the volume of my voice. "I'll be fine, just go meet up with the others!" Before he could say anything, I ran towards them. My hand started to drop to freezing temperatures as I got closer.

Truth was, I had already started overusing the Vision. I used it too many times before and I could feel it. I wouldn't last that long. But maybe I could last long enough for him to escape. It's not that I wanted to get captured, I just knew that if I didn't try everything I could to save Mamoru, my conscience wouldn't allow it.

But then again, if I'm arrested here and now, I'll never learn what happened to Uncle... I might already be regretting my decision.

I stopped right in front of them as they began to circle me. "Stay frosty, bastards!" I swung my hand and ice shot from my palms towards the first half, laughing loudly as I did.

I harnessed my 'Inner Half-Oni' and tried to be confident in the face of danger. "That's all you got?!" I taunted and ran head on towards a guy and slid behind him, planting my hands on his shoulders and freezing him.

I was about to attack the next guy when I felt something blunt hit me in the back. "Ack!" I fell forward and spun around to retaliate but felt another strike against my stomach as he hit me with the butt of his spear. I fell to the ground, near the base of the tree and they surrounded me.