ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁶⁸

I groggily rolled out of my bed and realized I've slept in. Not wanting to miss out on the day, I grabbed my shoes and left the infirmary. I didn't see Arataki yet so I'm assuming he's somewhere out here.

My eyes scanned the camp and searched for the Crimson oni. I could only hope that he didn't catch onto any nonsense while I was out.

I confirmed he wasn't in the area and moved onto the next. While doing so, my mind wandered.
   'So Itto and I...' I could not believe that was just yesterday. It seemed surreal. I was almost convinced it was all a dream.

"...I WILL ask you to become my girlfriend! That's my mission! As a man!..."

I felt giddy for some reason after remembering his words. Perhaps it was anticipation. I could only imagine what sort of bizarre plan he could have for our first date. I just pray that it won't end with anyone going to jail.

"Morning! Have any of you seen that oni around?" I asked the first two soldiers I saw and they pointed to the training grounds. "Thanks!" I heard a snippet of their conversation before I interrupted them, they were talking about that new captain of the new division.

Apparently, she's really strong and took out hundreds of soldiers herself with nothing but her bare hands. It sounds exaggerated but there has to be some truth in it somewhere, right?

Her Excellency must've been so impressed by the new girl that she was promoted straight to captain. I'd eventually like to meet this person. From the stories I've heard, she sounds extremely capable.

Before I could make it to the training grounds to find Arataki, I overheard a conversation Gorou was having. "It was great seeing you two again. Glad to know you're doing well over by the Frontlines."

Curious, I rounded the corner and who I saw made my eyes widen in surprise, "Lumine?" The girl turned around and her golden eyes met mine. "Oh hey, it's Y/n!" Paimon waved her small hand with a wide smile on her round face.

"You two know each other?" Gorou asked in surprise. "Yeah. It's quite the story, actually."

Hold on, gotta go waaay back.

.
.
.

THE 100TH VISION SEIZING CEREMONY...

"How exciting! The Raiden Shogun is seizing the 100th Vision!" The stranger pointed ahead with joy and I got onto my tippy toes to see. A young man with green eyes and messy blond hair tied into a low ponytail was on his knees, hands tied behind his back.

"Poor guy." Ryuuji said sympathetically as he watched as well. I looked around, observing the crowd before I spotted a few guards nearby.
"Oh shit."
"What's wrong?"
"I can't see! Let's find a better spot." I grabbed his wrist, not waiting for his answer as I dragged him deeper into the murmuring crowd though it wasn't my intention to watch this ceremony.

I put on my (disguise) and held it close to me just in case. "What're you doing?" He asked me and I glared at him,
"Are you forgetting that I'm a wanted criminal?!" I whispered angrily.
He irked, realizing his mistake.
"I'm so sorry! I dragged you out here even though you're..." His voice faded out as I spotted some sort of floating creature from the corner of my eye.

I quickly turned my head to look, not trusting my eyes. I ended up looking straight into a pair of golden ones. She wore a white, exotic dress and there was indeed a floating creature beside her.

She caught my stare and blinked, tilting her head ever so slightly as she stared back and allowing the blonde strands of her hair to fall to the side. I quickly looked away, afraid that she would recognize me from the posters.