ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁷

"Come again~" Ogura Mio waved at us as we left the store. I was exhausted, with this damned oni. He made shopping a living hell for me.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked and tilted his head to the side. I frowned deeper as I readjusted my everyday clothes after I'd put them on again, then I folded my arms and gave him the silent treatment.
"I said I was sorry! Please don't hate me?" I pouted, indicating that I wasn't going to forget this anytime soon.

He probably tried on a million different furisodes and kimonos until he settled on the first one. I wanted to strangle him to death in front of the store owner. I tried on three, three outfits and I was done. Easy.
But him? No.
He kept complaining how constricting they felt but everything feels constricting when you never wear a shirt to begin with!

"You should've just trusted my judgement, I picked that first one but YOU wanted to try the others!"
"Aw c'mon, can you blame me for trying to look my best in front of a bunch of rich guys?"
"I thought you didn't care what those snobby types thought of you?"
"Meh. Not really."

That half-assed answer made me grit my teeth, "I hate you." A cocky smile made it's way onto his face. "No you don't~ How could you hate this pretty face?" He bent down to be my level and fluttered his lashes at me. I just stared at him, unamused.

"Remember when I said I'd shave your hair in your sleep... Or dye it a nauseating colour?"
"Y-Yeah?"
A conniving smile stretched across my face and I turned away, walking towards our next destination without elaborating.

He watched and sweat rolled down his temple, fear etched into his being. "Wait what? What did you mean by that? Hey, what did you mean by that?!"

We decided ahead of time that we would head to a motel nearby the location and sleep there until the next day. On our travels, Ushi got tired and Arataki had to carry him. I also complained about having sore legs and he convinced me to allow him to carry me in exchange for his safety. I agreed. For now.

——————————